Funny And Not So Funny From A Black Person That Was In Houston For The Last 10 Months

This thread is still hilarious. :lol: Alon was a trip.

I'm insulted. We opened up our city. Period. We recieved all kinds of people. Guess what? There are all kinds of people in the world! They sent us their upper middle class, middle class, etc., etc., They sent us criminals. We have all of the above here. I am so sorry that they feel that we didn't treat them well. It isn't because we didn't try - we gave our time, our money, donations of food and clothing, places to stay.

Yes, our crime rate went up, but it would when the general population increases, anyway.

We tried.

I hope we learn our lesson.

I honestly hope there is no next time, but if there is the same situation, I hope we stay out of it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems that not all Blacks think like your client...Favorite CitiesThat's strange. I don't see New Orleans on that list. :huh:
That is strange, but then again, they are so many other large cities.
Yes, our crime rate went up, but it would when the general population increases, anyway.
It went up because we did get some of the poorer people, who could not get jobs, or just did not get jobs, and had to resort to other means to survive.
A little over the top, don't you think? Do you talk like this in real life? How often do you use the word "lieu" in conversation?
I used that at work, I also use "per". As in "Per [name]'s recommendations, we will do this".

I'm Sean, I'm alon504...I'm a fan of Houston, I'm a fan of football, basketball, good food, and listening to what others say, I like to club every now and then, and enjoy serving fine wine to friends when they come over to my house...I'm a banker and I take care of people and their financial needs 9 hours a day. I'm not a liar. I'm not hard. I'm not cold. I'm fairly cool...can't wait for the sold out Pat Benatar concert tomorrow night in New Orleans. I like the beach, I drive a convertible, have alot of friends, am down to Earth,

Is this your EHarmony bio also?

• 1 month later...
I like Houston. I did not flood in New Orleans. I returned to this city on Sept. 28, and I'm white. I've been to Houston three times since the storm and have spent several thousand dollars for leisure fun and to get away from the recovery. It's been difficult. I thought the comments about boiling crawfish wer funny and truthful. The other comments, were also truthful, but, were sad. The going "opinion," is that Houston treated our thousands of middle class black citizens wrongly. New Orleans is similar to Atlanta in the fact that we have a strong middle to upper class black population that is a vital part of working corporate America. I know this isn't common in Houston and can be an affront to reality there. Again, I'm not picking arguments, but, I am disappointed to hear these stories out of returnees to the City. I understand, though. I think it is clear that after 3 to 4 months, alot of the passion died and turned to regret and anger. Again, I only quoted this lady, from New Orleans, who had a net worth that is quite significant. Based on appearance, though, you'd never know. You want to argue and I don't. I'm just stating a quote and wanted to gauge opinion. You know what I'm posting here is true. The answer is intelligent dialoque and the reason Houstonians came to regret New Orleans' evacuees and pertrayed a certain perception on all......

Strong middle to upper class black population that is vital part of working corporate America? Mediocre at best. There are lots of "old New Orleans" black folk that help make New Orleans gem it can be. But at the same time, look at the news in New Orleans, its not ATL. This is coming from a Louisianian born-and-raised, lived in New Orleans for a while. Love it. I don't think I could grow old there. But New Orleans has more character than any other city in the U.S. I've gotten around. If it could get it together....WOW! It could be the best... So sad....

• 3 weeks later...

The one thing that really angers me about the Katrina situation is the following.

1. Everyone has known for decades that New Orleans would be a flooding disaster in a major hurricane. Don't tell me you weren't warned.

2. How stupid do you have to be to not evacuate?

3. Have these people ever heard of insurance?

4. There is no excuse for still having us pay for your apartment a year after the hurricane.

5. Name one other hurricane where the feds were the first responders. The local government is supposed to handle this.

New Orleans residents should be ashamed for the way they handled this disaster. Instead they ask for handouts and spread blame to everyone else. The problem is widespread corruption and incompetence at every level in government and the private sector all over Louisiana.

The last time I was in New Orleans before the Hurricane I saw what must have been a 10 year old kid tap dancing for money at 2:00 am on a Tuesday morning. His parents standing there collecting the money. Disgusting... New Orleans should be ashamed for allowing this kind of stuff to happen.

One thing that just really hurt my feelings....(sniffle)

My family does NOT put in the spices after we boil the crawfish....I'm sorry, but....(blows nose)....HOW COULD HE SAY SUCH A THING????!!!!!!

:(

PPBBbbbbtttttttpphphphphp HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

This has got to be one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read. There were smack-downs and schizoids and even honest discussions of "pregidous". Thank you, everyone.

• 4 weeks later...
The one thing that really angers me about the Katrina situation is the following.1. Everyone has known for decades that New Orleans would be a flooding disaster in a major hurricane. Don't tell me you weren't warned.2. How stupid do you have to be to not evacuate?3. Have these people ever heard of insurance?4. There is no excuse for still having us pay for your apartment a year after the hurricane.5. Name one other hurricane where the feds were the first responders. The local government is supposed to handle this.New Orleans residents should be ashamed for the way they handled this disaster. Instead they ask for handouts and spread blame to everyone else. The problem is widespread corruption and incompetence at every level in government and the private sector all over Louisiana.The last time I was in New Orleans before the Hurricane I saw what must have been a 10 year old kid tap dancing for money at 2:00 am on a Tuesday morning. His parents standing there collecting the money. Disgusting... New Orleans should be ashamed for allowing this kind of stuff to happen.
But...but....but..that's part of our unique culture, (example:) heineken.jpg one that is distinctly American, and as taxpayers, YOU must give us money & rebuild our below sea level city. If you don't do it, who will?
Is this your EHarmony bio also?
I don't care who you are, that there's funny!

• 7 months later...

First thought is...

This guy is a banker...

Does he think the people that make Houstonians angry are the ones he comes into contact with....as a banker??

So....poor people....have appointments with bankers? I think that's what makes his "9 out of 10" statement the funniest to me.

I have no doubts that well off New Orleanians would be annoyed by the anger some of us tend to have toward the poorest who seem to take advantage of every decent deed done - but their anger is misdirected, because the anger from Houstonians is very well placed. They should be just as angry at these bums as we are, if it's such a misconception. Problem is, it's true. But you won't ever see one of them criticize another NO'er. Not gonna happen.

And I'd also like to know why all these well-to-do New Orleanians are still hangin' out over here anyway if they can't wait to get back. I make less than half of that 80K number, with a wife and three kids and even I can find a friggin' apartment that no one else has to help me with - in Katy, at around 1K a month...and yes, I can afford it.

And finally - the reason I had to register and post this after a long time of just reading the boards...

That post about EHarmony.....was RIDICULOUSLY FUNNY.

• 3 weeks later...

To me it was a simple story about how someone felt. Many people from New Orleans have not been other places and have problems adjusting. This seems to be the case. New Orleans and Houston are very different. My son just moved back from Houston in June as his job got flooded out here. He had a good time but it was not home for him. He got a raise coming back to New Orleans which is great. There are a lot of changes and most are positive.

Any city that can have a Mayor Nagin and survive deserves to get an award. LSU gets a lot of good football players from Texas for which we are greatful. LSU won the football last year and the Hornets were 50/50 with the top teams in Texas. New Orleans is a small town compared to you guys so say something positive as you may only know part of the story.

Archived