Final Freedom Tower design?

Could only have been some idiotic politician

Probably the same one that changed EWR to Newark Liberty International Airport.

I'm OK with Freedom Tower, especially inasmuch as "Freedom" is the exact opposite of what the Taliban stands for. I'm reading an interesting book right now that has parts of it taking place in Afghanistan both pre- and post-Taliban. If the book is accurate, things there were much worse than we were led to believe before the war in Afghanistan.

Back on topic: There's already a "Freedom Tower" in Miami, which is a fairly well-known building in that area. Now it's been overshadowed by the one in NYC.

• 4 weeks later...

Given all the extra meaning and emotion surrounding this site, how it means so many different things to different people, there is no way -- NO WAY -- that they can make everyone happy.

Given all the extra meaning and emotion surrounding this site, how it means so many different things to different people, there is no way -- NO WAY -- that they can make everyone happy.

Personally, I could care less ... just SAYING that neither designs are truly groundbreaking.

Guest Marty

The design is alright but it is out of place. I always imagine two San Jacinto /Washington type of monument 2000+ feet tall, i think that would be better.

The design is alright but it is out of place. I always imagine two San Jacinto /Washington type of monument 2000+ feet tall, i think that would be better.

If even the one building is in doubt, two would make even less sense. To me the design from the perspective in the rendering is OK but not spectacular. The bottom 20 stories are supposed to be covered in metal, which must look awful from street level.

Archived