Happy 4th of July!

thewoodlandsradio

• 2 years later...

I recently relocated to Houston from Austin and am looking to connect with iinformed locals! HAIF looks like a great resource and I'm glad I found it.

I would love some local insight on the best fireworks shows in town for the upcoming 4th of July weekend. I love the classic celebrations with a symphony, so the Miller Outdoor Theatre show seems to be the right fit but I'm definitely open to suggestions.

If I were to go for the Miller show, how is parking, where would I park, and how early should I get there? What are the regulations for bring in your own food and drinks? The rules and regulations only seem to outlaw glass containers and encourage you to use the concessions while not seeming to prohibit outside food. Is that indeed the case? Is it OK to bring in your own wine or beer if it's not in a glass container?

Thanks so much for your guidance and insight!

Edited by patashnik

Best fireworks are gonna be downtown. Over by the Police officer's Park. Lakeside Golf Course has their own display. Katy Mills Mall has a very large display and plenty of parking.

Edited by TJones

I recently relocated to Houston from Austin and am looking to connect with iinformed locals! HAIF looks like a great resource and I'm glad I found it.

I would love some local insight on the best fireworks shows in town for the upcoming 4th of July weekend. I love the classic celebrations with a symphony, so the Miller Outdoor Theatre show seems to be the right fit but I'm definitely open to suggestions.

If I were to go for the Miller show, how is parking, where would I park, and how early should I get there? What are the regulations for bring in your own food and drinks? The rules and regulations only seem to outlaw glass containers and encourage you to use the concessions while not seeming to prohibit outside food. Is that indeed the case? Is it OK to bring in your own wine or beer if it's not in a glass container?

Thanks so much for your guidance and insight!

Welcome to the system, Pat.

The Houston Symphony does an excellent program at Miller and I do suggest it. While it's not the largest, it is very intimate. I suggest you go early so you can find seats on the hill. You can have blankets of chairs, but there is a certain protocol on that. There are signs on poles to help you with that.

Downtown's is obviously a larger one and if you're into the crowds and such, then I would suggest that as well.

Having gone to various 4th festivities....it might take you awhile to find a place you're "comfortable" with.

• The title was changed to Happy 4th of July!