Travelers Parking At IAH

Hi All, just wanted to throw out a bit o news. My car was broken into, window smashed out and the radio crudely ripped out of the dash, taking all the A/C controls along with it. It happened at the C terminal garage.

Not a pity story here, just wanted to let you know that when the officer arrived he said it has been happening with a bit of frequency there.

Hi All, just wanted to throw out a bit o news. My car was broken into, window smashed out and the radio crudely ripped out of the dash, taking all the A/C controls along with it. It happened at the C terminal garage.

Not a pity story here, just wanted to let you know that when the officer arrived he said it has been happening with a bit of frequency there.

Not good! Where you just there for the day or was your car parked there for a period of days? When im out of town i usually park off from the airport property and that still isnt safe. My top was cut in an airport area parking lot. :angry2::angry2:

True :) The taxi option is ridiculous and the METRO option is sort of garbage for me. Driving is the best option, unfortunately :(

I recently came home from a trip and noticed 2 cars with smashed windows. One was right next to mine. I happened to leave my car unlocked and nothing happened. They probably opened it up and looked around and realized my cassette player was not worth crap.

That's surprising. I thought they had security cameras in the garages. Nope, I guess not.

Yep, I noticed there was a camera at the end of the row as I was leaving with the tow truck. I didn't ask about it nor was told anything other than the usual stuff from the officer when something happens like this. To be honest, I was suprised they came at all. Usually they just say to go to a substation and fill out the form.

Yep, I noticed there was a camera at the end of the row as I was leaving with the tow truck. I didn't ask about it nor was told anything other than the usual stuff from the officer when something happens like this. To be honest, I was suprised they came at all. Usually they just say to go to a substation and fill out the form.

Did you still have to pay for parking. There should be a level of security when they are charging $13 a day.

I recently came home from a trip and noticed 2 cars with smashed windows. One was right next to mine. I happened to leave my car unlocked and nothing happened. They probably opened it up and looked around and realized my cassette player was not worth crap.

They wouldn't even need to smash the windows. After watching the AAA guy opening my car three times for me, the next time I locked myself out I did it myself with a wedge and a coat hanger both kindly provided by the police department. But maybe my car is just too old :D (I mean you shouldn't be able to lock yourself out..)

Yikes - I was just parked in terminal C parking for the last week. I did see security cameras - but who knows if they actually work.....I have always parked at the airport lots (not the off-site lots) and have never had a problem - I never leave anything in my car that anyone would want anyway....someone needs to invent something like they use in bags of bank money - when you break a car window, a blue ink bomb explodes all over the perp !!!

..someone needs to invent something like they use in bags of bank money - when you break a car window, a blue ink bomb explodes all over the perp !!!

Wouldn't that make detailing your car mandatory afterwards? :)

Well, parking can also be a bit on hit and miss as well, but I also list it is one of the most dangerous places in the city to drive in as well. While I don't have the police records to back this up, I've seen or know of at least 4 accidents a day in the will clayton/terminal lanes alone!

sevfiv hit the nail on the head, it's best to get a ride and let someone else do the driving either a friend/relative or cab.

• The title was changed to Travelers Parking At IAH

Archived