Beware of Houston's underground gansta tagging knitters

So... as many of you are aware the 20-something and 30-something crowds of women with too much time on their hands have rediscovered knitting and needlepoint as a craft. It's good that they have taken up this old fashioned exercise, even if they saddle it with names like "stitch and bitch."

Anyway, what happens when you combing knitting and graffito tagging? Knit Tagging.

It turns out one of these groups is active in Houston, so watch your cars! You could be next!

If I come out to my car and find a potholder hanging from the antennae, someone is gonna lose a kidney !

This seems pretty harmless. How hard is it take the knit work down. For the amount of effort it takes to knit I would think this fad will not last very long.

"Knitta Please" = Awesome.

What up Knitta? Knitta is actually, to the best of my knowledge, the originator of the knit graffiti movement. Copy-cat groups are springing up all over the world. SNL even had a news segment on Knitta about six or eight weeks ago. And it's not just women in Knitta.

I saw one women who specializes in knitting sweaters for trees. She manages to knit them around the branches, like little shirts, so they're impossible to remove.

I'm sure the tree is thinking, "Jesus Christ lady, it's 96* out here in the shade, and do you even know what the humidity is ? ! Thanks a ton you stupid cow !"

Archived