Ruth's Chris Steak House At 14135 Southwest Fwy.

Rehan

Ruth's Chris closes Sugar Land location

Allison Wollam

Houston Business Journal

Ruth's Chris Steak House Inc. has closed its Sugar Land location.

Dave Cattell, Ruth's Chris vice president of real estate and construction, says despite the restaurant's best efforts, this address was not a match for the upscale steakhouse.

Cattell adds that the location, at 14135 Southwest Freeway, did not prove to be the best to sustain and grow the customer base for Ruth's Chris type of dining experience.

The restaurant is currently exploring potential locations throughout the Houston area, including Sugar Land, says Cattell.

Employees of the Sugar Land location are being given the opportunity to apply for positions at the Ruth's Chris Steak House located at 6213 Richmond Ave., as well as other Ruth's Chris Steak House locations in Texas.

• 4 weeks later...
Is the one on Richmond still open? It never looks occupied. I wonder if they keep enough business. I say send it to the Westchase District!  :lol: just kidding...

Glen

Wait long enough it will be in front of Tinseltown next to "Red Robin" on Richmond at the Beltway LOL!!

They got plenty of space!!! :P

Well, the Sugar Creek area, where it was locaed, isnt quite "the spot" for such restaurants. Its kinda old, and underexposed (the highways has alot of weird parts and ramps there) and a pain to get on an off of. If they were to stay in SL, I'd relocated to the sweetwater area, or somewhere closert to First colony, and the wealthier neighborhoods.

• The title was changed to Ruth's Chris Steak House At 14135 Southwest Fwy.