Boy mauled by dog to get reconstructive surgery

MidtownCoog

HOUSTON - A 4-year-old Kenyan boy who was mauled by dogs after he was abandoned on a trash heap at birth went into surgery Thursday for the first of a series of procedures to reconstruct his face.

U.S. doctors to repair face of 4-year-old Kenyan tossed on trash at birth

Plastic surgeon Dr. Sean Boutros and other doctors at Children

Poor baby, and what a beautiful child. I hope all goes well for this child... my very best wishes for his future.

I saw on TV last week where they did a face transplant in another country that was really cool. It is so amazing what they can do now.

I saw the segment last night and just wanted to cry! What a sweet, happy boy. How awful for that to have happened to him, yet how wonderful that someone is helping him out.

It's amazing how having a baby puts things into perspective. Just a little over a year ago, my life was SO different. My interests and how things affected me have changed drastically. I heard about the child that drowned yesterday in a pool and all I could think about all afternoon was that poor child and those parents. UGH!! Such a tragedy!! You just keep thinking, what if, what if, what if...

Archived