Blue October

NewMND

So I was listening to XM Radio, it was the 20 on 20 station, where they play the 20 most requested songs, anyways, this one song came on called "Hate Me" by a band called Blue October, and then I heard the song on regular radio also. I enjoyed it, so I looked it up, and turns out the band is from Houston. Did anyone else know about these guys? A lot of hip-hop has been coming out of Houston lately, but this is the first rock band I know of. They're even on VH1's "You Oughta Know..."

So I was listening to XM Radio, it was the 20 on 20 station, where they play the 20 most requested songs, anyways, this one song came on called "Hate Me" by a band called Blue October, and then I heard the song on regular radio also. I enjoyed it, so I looked it up, and turns out the band is from Houston. Did anyone else know about these guys? A lot of hip-hop has been coming out of Houston lately, but this is the first rock band I know of. They're even on VH1's "You Oughta Know..."

I thought they were a Dallas band. Maybe I am thinking of someone else. Anyway, that is good news. We need a big band to come out of Houston and give us some music credibility. ZZ Top is too old...

blue october has been around for about..3-4 years i think. "hate me" is off their second or third cd. They had a hit about 3 years ago called "calling you" it was real popular. but what about paul wall...chamillionaire...slim thug...lil flip...they have put houston on the music (hip hop) map.

yeah, they've been around. Calling You was pretty big, i heard it all over the nation 3-4 years ago.

they (use to) play free concerts in Houston alot, like the SuperBowl and events like that. they've also been at MardiGras Galveston the last few years.

Foiled is there 5th cd, i don't have it but i heard many of the songs at MardiGras and enjoyed it, Hate Me is not the only great song on there.

Archived