The Best Place To Photograph Orbs

torvald

"Orbs" at the old Jefferson Davis Hospital before it was renovated:

JeffersonDavisHospital-006.jpg

More Jefferson Davis orb photographs here.

According to my camera's shutter counter I've taken 44,000 pictures with it, and I've never seen a single orb. I've noticed that orb pictures are usually taken with instant, disposable, or very old cameras. I wonder if the quality of the camera has something to do with it.

According to my camera's shutter counter I've taken 44,000 pictures with it, and I've never seen a single orb. I've noticed that orb pictures are usually taken with instant, disposable, or very old cameras. I wonder if the quality of the camera has something to do with it.

Nah, small digital cameras, with a flash, in a dusty place are best. It's just backscatter.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder what kind of activity you'd get at one of the county cemeteries for poor folks. I can't help but wonder whether the amount of orb activity at a cemetery is directly proportionate to the number of buried persons, or whether some other factors influence them...for instance the lavishness of an average funeral at that cemetery, cultural, demographic, or socioeconomic factors.

Heard that cemetaries, as a rule, are usually not haunted, and the people buried there are at peace. It's the ones still running about, in the bldgs. that are so troubled. :huh:

Heard that cemetaries, as a rule, are usually not haunted, and the people buried there are at peace. It's the ones still running about, in the bldgs. that are so troubled. :huh:

It does seem like cemeteries are a hotspot for this kind of activity, and to the extent that comparisons can be made between places of like kind and also with sufficient sample size, then they really are the place to look to for patterns.

There may be even more activity in buildings, but comparisons are often made extremely difficult for lack of reliable historical statistical information, such as how many people died there, how many people lived in or used a building at any given time, what was there before the building was there, etc.

• The title was changed to The Best Place To Photograph Orbs

Archived