Six Flags Splashtown At 21300 I-45

SpringTX

Here's an interesting thought. Now that Astro World is gone, Houston's #1 Amusement Park is...(drumroll)...

Six Flags Splashtown waterpark on I-45 in Spring.

* Splashtown has 40 acres of rides, compared to 25 acres at Galveston Schlitterbahn. So it's the biggest amusement park in the Houston area.

* Splashtown has recently acquired many of the rides from Waterworld, which was the waterpark inside Astro World. So now Splashtown packs an "added punch".

* It's located on a major highway.

Will it fill the void?

Depends. Are they going to repaint the sign?

:lol::lol::lol: The place is a dump. They not only need to paint the sign, but need to pull the weeds out of the thousands of cracks in the parking lot.

Oh yeah, and maybe spend $150.00 on some new shrubbery at the entrance.

Edited by Gary

Considering that Splashtowns nearest two competitors just went out of business (Waterworld and Adventure Bay), ostensibly a bit higher. Then again, Schlitterbahn just opened and is a nicer place, that may just as well take up all the slack.

But like I said earlier, waterparks and amusement parks are different beasts. There's some overlap sure, but most theme park fans arent going to go to Splashtown because Astroworld is gone. They'd only do that if they were interested in Waterworld. I'm a big theme park fan, I've been to lots and have ridden hundreds of rollercoasters. I'm really not the slightest bit interested in Splashtown. I didnt visit once even when my Six Flags season pass would have got me in free.

Frankly I dont like going to waterparks much, but if I was going to go, Schlitterbahn isnt much further than Splashtown (45 min vs 30 min). I'd go to the nicer park. Unless you're on the north side where Splashtown is more conveniant, it's a toss up which is the "premiere park". Neither is in Houston and they are both kinda small.

This all brings back up the old Indigo Earth project in West Houston/Katy that never got off the ground. I assume they've moved on but maybe now they're regretting the decision with Astroworld gone. IE was going to have water rides, a rollercoaster and other amusement park-related things.

Oh well.

I was wondering about this. I live in Katy and was really excited when I saw the signs that were posted for about a year's duration. They've been down for awhile, so I assumed it's dead. Does anyone know what happened? It would REALLY be great (esp. now after losing Astrworold too) as we're at least 50 minutes from any theme/ water park - Splashtown being the closest and that's not close. Houston is too big for this problem/ lack of major amusement.

• The title was changed to Six Flags Splashtown At 21300 I-45