Forbes' Top Business Cities

"The nation's third-largest metro area is riding high on the fumes of the energy boom."

Third-largest metro area? Do they mean county?

When you sort by population it actually shows us as 4th. I do like how it breaks up Dallas from Ft. Worth/Arlington though. Finally those cities are being treated as stand-alone areas.

They left out Fort Worth all togeather as if it doesn't exist and left Dallas with a metro population smaller that Houston, Atlanta, and Minninaplois/St Paul.

Since the article is about the business environment, I wonder if the reason behind that was a significant difference in the taxes and regulations between Dallas and Fort Worth. If they're very different, I can understand why they would split them.

Since the article is about the business environment, I wonder if the reason behind that was a significant difference in the taxes and regulations between Dallas and Fort Worth. If they're very different, I can understand why they would split them.

Yeah,

Anyone who's spent time in Dallas and Ft. Worth knows the business climates are very different in the two cities. In the past, Tarrant and Dallas counties tended to undermine one another in competition for business locations. Recently, there has been more of an effort for the two areas to work together. Dallas is still far more aggressive and Ft. Forth seems to offer the more attractive environment for business, benefitting from all the major city amenities like a large skilled workforce, higher education, transportation, etc., but with better costs of living, better cultural and recreational attractions and some other intangible advantages over Dallas.

Dallas, however, will always have the name recognition in the Metroplex and will always be the financial and service hub of the region. Without Dallas, there wouldn't be the Ft. Worth we know today. Of course, without Ft. Worth, Dallas would just be more of the Dallas we have today.

We all know what that would be like.

Guest Plastic

Lived in Dallas-Ft.Worth. Don't know that there's much n Ft.Worth. The main stuff is in Dallas.

BTW, why do they call it Funkytown?

Archived