Houston

RedScare

remember, this is for Rice. yeah, it points out the same old stuff we know about, but think of all the seniors in high school across the nation that get into Rice. say they also get into Northwestern, all other things being equal where would a kid who is not from anywhere around here go, Chicago or Houston? (yes i know Northwestern is in Evanston and not in the city).

I think the ad is really good, and serves its purpose.

And I prefer our humidity, i think its worth being by the ocean. dry heat is still hot. for out THREE months where its really hot, i'm in the AC or the water. the rest of the year is great.

• 1 year later...

I just found this site. I'm glad I found the thread before I posted the link in a new one. I like it too. Maybe this is what brought JAX here?

And I think if prospective Rice students just came for a visit, they'd be sold. Just driving around that area is just so cool and beautiful.

Actually, I remember seeing that site when I was applying for grad school, but it was definitely the visit had me sold more than anything. They paid for all of my expenses, got me a room at the Hilton Medical Center, and took me around campus/the inner loop for 3 days. It was a good time.

I remember being especially impressed on my first visit to Texas with the beer (such as Shiner Bock). Especially after previously visiting Tallahassee and only finding Bud, Bud Light, Miller, and Miller Light. :) They should have added that to the website.

Actually, I remember seeing that site when I was applying for grad school, but it was definitely the visit had me sold more than anything. They paid for all of my expenses, got me a room at the Hilton Medical Center, and took me around campus/the inner loop for 3 days. It was a good time.

I remember being especially impressed on my first visit to Texas with the beer (such as Shiner Bock). Especially after previously visiting Tallahassee and only finding Bud, Bud Light, Miller, and Miller Light. :) They should have added that to the website.

So was it more the city that sold you; the traveling around the loop for 3 days? Or was it the paid expenses, hotel etc? Or both?

Do you remember what about the city/campus that stuck out to you upon your first visit?

Is this the next *Houston - It's Worth It?*

Don't think so. It's just a marketing tool for prospective students.

And I guess it's needed b/c I've heard of survey results, truth or rumor, that many students who attend Rice from out of state attend the college, despite it being in Houston.

Archived