Houston Construction Updates

NEW MOVIE THEATER IN CONOE

The theater complex will anchor a multiuse shopping center facility, which will include other retail dining and entertainment venues. It is slated to open spring 2005 on the corner of League Line Rd. and Interstate 45. Once built, the complex will contain 14 screens with auditoriums seating between 100 and 300 moviegoers.

Who goes to conroe? :rolleyes:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the T&C area, I really hope they get rid of that nasty old "BAZAAR" building!  It is like a flea market now, but the building is ugly, and it sits on a huuge parking lot.

They tore that building down a couple of months ago. (Yay!)

They're digging a huge hole there but I don't know what they're going to build.

I hope they're gutting some of that unused warehouse space to make room for that new T&C medical complex. The lot with the silos in particular is just dead land that's become an even bigger eyesore than it was 15 years ago.

You're talking about the silos that say"Boat Storage..."? I think the hospital will be built on the other side of the Beltway (across from WalMart).

I haven't heard anything about the silos coming down.

Alike of people goest o conroe that you don't know of, y'all just don't. Conroe is setting in a gold mine, and they building up that area slowly. Conroe could become the next kemah.

True. Conroe has a lot to offer and right next to The Woodlands. They even have their own suburbs, such a Cut N' Shoot, which, despite it's cornball name, is attempting to join the 21st century as a bonifide member of the Houston Metro. Below is a link to give you a taste of an upcoming development.

Cut N' Shoot's First Highrise Residential

True. Conroe has a lot to offer and right next to The Woodlands. They even have their own suburbs, such a Cut N' Shoot, which, despite it's cornball name, is attempting to join the 21st century as a bonifide member of the Houston Metro. Below is a link to give you a taste of an upcoming development.

Cut N' Shoot's First Highrise Residential

Cheap Shot... No Pun intended...

Depends what you're looking for. Lake Conroe, IMHO, is excessively crowded on the weekends, especially with wave runners and skiddoes. I think it's definitely reached its' saturation point. Lake Livingston is a diamond in the rough, and is an enormous lake that is still peaceful and quiet. There are some fantastic deals on second-homes, vacation homes and retirement places out there. Wouldn't recommend bringing the kids up there to live, because the schools are not so hot, but that's to be expected in lakefront retirement type communities.

Depends what you're looking for. Lake Conroe, IMHO, is excessively crowded on the weekends, especially with wave runners and skiddoes. I think it's definitely reached its' saturation point. Lake Livingston is a diamond in the rough, and is an enormous lake that is still peaceful and quiet. There are some fantastic deals on second-homes, vacation homes and retirement places out there. Wouldn't recommend bringing the kids up there to live, because the schools are not so hot, but that's to be expected in lakefront retirement type communities.

My exgf has a lakehouse in lake livingston. Nice. We still hookup every now and then,