More happening on Washington Avenue

Yesterday I noticed a sign posted on the door of the space next to the Washington Mutual (Washington & Shepherd). It indicated that an alcohol permit application has been filed by Molina's Cantina.

I also found this while surfing: http://myspace.com/seditionbooks

"Sedition Books is an infoshop located at 4420 Washington Avenue, Houston Texas, 77007. We will be open beginning Sunday, February 12th." I'm not sure what this is exactly, but it sounds interesting... Has anyone checked this out?

Some more information about the next tapas and wine place:

Local wine audience to get another selection

Houston Business Journal - March 2, 2006

by Allison Wollam

Charles Clark and Grant Cooper, owners of Ibiza Food & Wine Bar, are teaming up with Chef Chris Shepherd, formerly of Brennan's, and Antonio Gianola, formerly of Da Marco, to open Catalan Food & Wine Bar. Shepherd will serve as partner and chef while Gianola will be the managing partner. Catalan, located at 5555 Washington Avenue at T.C. Jester, will open mid-summer 2006. The restaurant will serve Spanish tapas with a contemporary flair in addition to larger lunch and dinner entrees.

I'm delighted about the Washington Ave development activity in general, but I'm really concerned about the concomitant parking issues (no valet parking, please!!!) I'll try to do my part and take the bus or walk.

Also, I really hope to see a larger variety of cuisines represented eventually. Other businesses would be great too... like Half Price Books, or a funky gift shop.

I also found this while surfing: http://myspace.com/seditionbooks

"Sedition Books is an infoshop located at 4420 Washington Avenue, Houston Texas, 77007. We will be open beginning Sunday, February 12th." I'm not sure what this is exactly, but it sounds interesting... Has anyone checked this out?

Here's some of their interests...

"Anarchism, radical feminism, class struggle, animal liberation, deep ecology, radical history, anti-imperialism, anti-fascism, anti-capitalism, DIY culture"

DIY culture?

Sounds like they don't have Joel Osteen's book.

I like that. B)

Here's some of their interests...

"Anarchism, radical feminism, class struggle, animal liberation, deep ecology, radical history, anti-imperialism, anti-fascism, anti-capitalism, DIY culture"

Do they sell Playboy? :D

animal liberation

I had better keep my dog away from there! Pretty soon she will be demanding the right to the remote control on top of her right to sleep all day, be served all meals and eat cat poo at will! I'm such a dictator!

on topic...one of the westhimer antique store is moving into the space next to the corkscrew.

I had better keep my dog away from there! Pretty soon she will be demanding the right to the remote control on top of her right to sleep all day, be served all meals and eat cat poo at will! I'm such a dictator!

on topic...one of the westhimer antique store is moving into the space next to the corkscrew.

Looking at your avatar, it appears she is already demanding it. :D

That's not a dog! Looks more like a sausage to me- lots of meat packed in a tight skin!

Archived