More Than 500,000 Rally in L.A. for Immigrants' Rights

Guest danax

NMainGuy- I am having trouble with your position on this issue. I'm not sure exactly where you stand?

Same here. I continually ask you to provide any ideas towards what you think would be a viable solution. You've given us nothing so far, except that you disagree with everyone elses solution.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pure Arteur, I hate to burst your bubble, but Caucasians do NOT consider people from Mexico to be Caucasian also, they are considered Hispanic, try asking a white guy in the street, and leave the scientist, who haven't seen the light of day in an Eon, out of it. How is it that ILLEGAL ALIENS should have civil rights in this country, are you saying they have the right to the same benefits of OUR welfare and medical programs, but still NOT have to pay into it, just because they'll work for a 1/3 of the price ? SCREW THAT ! If these corporate entities start paying what the job is worth, there would be no problem filling these positions that the ILLEGAL Hispanics are willing to WHORE themselves out to do. The poor always cry that the rich keep getting richer. Well, if we enforce the immigration laws then the rich will be forced to hire LEGAL citizens of this country and pay them a decent day's wages.

Everyone always want something for nothing. We always look for that big SALE going on, we always want our yards cut of 20 bucks, when we know it should be $50. We want our gutters on our homes fixed for next to nothing. Everyone needs to get the SAME mentallity over this issue and realize it is NOT just the major home builders hiring these people. It is your local restaurant owner, it is Reliant energy, it is the small business owners hiring them to put a flyer on your car or your door at home. It is SWB, distributing their phonebooks, it is The Chrionicle, passing out there rag. It is the local Carwash, the list goes on and on. The worst part is that it is you and me, the Amercian Consumer,legal citizens, that have thrown ourselves in this mess, because we are too proud to work at MCDonald's, we rather collect welfare and sit on our asses watching People's Court allday, than actually go get a job washing cars.

Nmain, are you saying that the immigration problem is the way it is because the President, didn't care about the people of his country ? Then BOTH parties are responsible because this problem didn't just happen over the last 5 years. Vincente Fox, didn't have a press conference and say,"OK, there is now a Republican in the White House again, everyone go cross the border NOW ! " The illegal alien migration has been in full swing since the day after Reagan gave amnesty in 1984, so your point of "getting those in power out of office" is MUTE !

Nmain, are you saying that the immigration problem is the way it is because the President, didn't care about the people of his country ? Then BOTH parties are responsible because this problem didn't just happen over the last 5 years. Vincente Fox, didn't have a press conference and say,"OK, there is now a Republican in the White House again, everyone go cross the border NOW ! " The illegal alien migration has been in full swing since the day after Reagan gave amnesty in 1984, so your point of "getting those in power out of office" is MUTE !

I think you meant "MOOT" although I'm sure you and many others might like to MUTE people like me.

Re-read my post. I didn't mention the president-although he is definitely in the group of "people" I was talking about.

BTW, you and the Jeebus's of the world will just have to continue to rant at the moon because no one here has proposed any viable solutions-whether it be building walls or leaving people lying in their own blood to die.

OK here is the solution minus details. Three part. If any part in not included the other parts fail and we may as well do nothing.

1. Secure the border. Maybe not an actual fence but a "virtual" fence. I'm sure we have the technology and it is just a matter of will. We need to know who is coming and going.

2. Accommodate the 12 million or so that are here. Do background checks and give them some sort of non-counterfitable ID that will allow them to work. If that amounts to amnesty, oh well get over it, we aren't going to deport 12 million people.

3. Major penalties for anyone hiring a worker that has not gone through step two. Also, workers must be paid prevailing wages and at least have access to work mans comp. Also, if you work you should have health care but that is another issue entirely and wont be solved just yet. No more of this pseudo slave labor we have enjoyed in the past. If some prices go up so be it.

As I see it the Republicans will never go for step 3. Therefore anything they do will be doomed to failure and done only to save their collective arses in November.

A final note. I can't believe Frist is blamimg the Democrats because they cannot solve this problem. NEWS FLASH. YOU ARE THE MAJORITY. Quit whining, grow a pair and GET SOMETHING DONE!

BTW, you and the Jeebus's of the world will just have to continue to rant at the moon because no one here has proposed any viable solutions-whether it be building walls or leaving people lying in their own blood to die.

Again, where's the beef? Where's a solution?

i support the minute men as long as all they do is call in suspected activity to the authorities and not take matters into their own hands.

i have less of an issue with the illegal immigration itself than i do the waving of the mexican flag (if you love it so much...go back), the failure to learn english and assimilate into american society. no matter where you go nowdays, everything is bilingual; here, iowa, rhode island, etc. it's b.s.

organizations such as lulac and la raza are nothing more than poverty pimps becuase they don't have the immigrants' best intrests in mind but only want more to increase their base and further their agendas.

[/rant]

I think you meant "MOOT" although I'm sure you and many others might like to MUTE people like me.

Re-read my post. I didn't mention the president-although he is definitely in the group of "people" I was talking about.

No, I meant Mute, because it has become the common place in the English language now, we aren't discussing a meeting place here, we are discussing your point, which had nothing to say, so it is mute. If we were in the 18th century or if I were a lawyer like Red, I might say Moot.

I did re-read your post, don't try to crawfish on me now, I know WHO you meant, don't play dumb. But, ok, I'll bite, if you didn't mean Bush, then who are the "people" in control that you want to be rid of ?

....And you know I don't advocate leaving people lying in their own blood, unless it is a convicted child molester or murdering rapist, etc.,etc.

No, I meant Mute, because it has become the common place in the English language now, we aren't discussing a meeting place here, we are discussing your point, which had nothing to say, so it is mute. If we were in the 18th century or if I were a lawyer like Red, I might say Moot.

I did re-read your post, don't try to crawfish on me now, I know WHO you meant, don't play dumb. But, ok, I'll bite, if you didn't mean Bush, then who are the "people" in control that you want to be rid of ?

....And you know I don't advocate leaving people lying in their own blood, unless it is a convicted child molester or murdering rapist, etc.,etc.

Sorry buddy, don't mean to argue semantics with you but moot and mute are two different things. If people want to sound like they don't know the difference, so be it.

Don't make me list the 99% of the people in Congress I'd like to see disappear. I meant them AND the Bush team. Radical I know but I'm just a radical kind of guy.

And I was not refering to you regarding letting people die. That idea originated with TheNiche.

B)

Sorry buddy, don't mean to argue semantics with you but moot and mute are two different things. If people want to sound like they don't know the difference, so be it.

Don't make me list the 99% of the people in Congress I'd like to see disappear. I meant them AND the Bush team. Radical I know but I'm just a radical kind of guy.

And I was not refering to you regarding letting people die. That idea originated with TheNiche.

B)

I agree with you that Moot is the correct usage, but nobody uses it anymore, and everyone here knows I ain't the high-falutin' type.

99% Geez, are things really that bad for you my friend ? I will give you a hug if you need one ? I can think of a few Senators on both sides, that I would like to see dropped from the planet. I'm probably at about 20% then. :D

I didn't think you were throwin me in with Niche, but I just wanted to clarify. :wacko:

Just to understand something, in America do we have a problem with immigration from economically unstable countries or do we have a problem with immigration that is way too convenient where there are thousands coming in every month? (i.e. Mexico)

As I mentioned earlier, the whole immigration issue is kind of flawed. Why are Cubans that reach land treated differently than Mexicans who reach land? That might be the reason why there are so many undocumented Mexican immigrants. The whole "wet-foot, dry-foot" policy is a game to me.

As I mentioned earlier, the whole immigration issue is kind of flawed. Why are Cubans that reach land treated differently than Mexicans who reach land? That might be the reason why there are so many undocumented Mexican immigrants. The whole "wet-foot, dry-foot" policy is a game to me.

The difference being that normally Cubans come for political asylum, as where Mexicans come over to work cheap labor and go home as soon as they have enough money to pay for their ranch in Mexico, whereas the Cubans have no intention of EVER going back. Mexico is a free trade economy and Cuba is a communist country.

No wonder there's such a confusion. There's a difference between being a Nation Without an Immigrant, and a Nation without an ILLEGAL immigrant. When will that ever be recognized?

Archived