Cool Images You Find On maps.a9.com

citykid09

Cool Images You Find On maps.a9.com

Anywhere in the USA

Just go here: http://maps.a9.com/

Click on a city and look for images. It won't let you post the image on here but you can post a link to the image.

Double click on an image to make it big the copy the image location just like you do when you post pictures and then past it on here.

Here are some of mine:

I had a really cool one of some dome somewhere in Houston but I can't find it again. It was near Rice Village.

Houston 1

Houston 2

okay, that is just downright freaky. I don't know if I like the fact that I could be walking down the street and my image would be on here! They even have residential pics!!! You don't work for the department of homeland security do you? :blink:

seriously though, who takes all these pictures? is it some kind of group thing like wikpedia?

Edited by wendyps

i think they have trucks with mounted cameras that "patrol"

According to their info when they first released this site, that is exactly what they do. Cameras are mounted on both sides of a vehicle and take x number of photos per block. They claim to be constantly uploading more pics, even though it doesn't appear that way to me. Pretty interesting site, though.

i can't remember the exact location, but there is a photo from a9 in downtown houston, and i saw the reflection of the truck in a large window of a building

but if you look at 1000 main, there is a pic that would have had to have been taken from the fountain... they must have people cameras as well.

okay, that is just downright freaky. I don't know if I like the fact that I could be walking down the street and my image would be on here! They even have residential pics!!! You don't work for the department of homeland security do you? :blink:

seriously though, who takes all these pictures? is it some kind of group thing like wikpedia?

There are companies that do this sort of thing. They sell the pictures to insurance companies and tax districts and such. Mu guess is that A9 is just licensing the images the way State Farm would.