Galveston 2K10

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

It's 2010 and Galveston ahs been redeveloped It's a nicer place where tourists definetly want to go while visting Houston. It's no longer rund down lower clas liek it was in the past few years. Galveston is thought of as a hotspot for events,tourism,and even industry. A few midrises have sprang up and alot more are planned. People just go downto Galveston for the weekend as the pleasure at the end of a long drive.

There's all sortsof thing going on on the strand since it's been remodeled. There's a multimillion dollar entertainment center close to The Strand like the Marq-e Center. Galveston Island residents now have megamovie theaters, a Jillian's Dave&Busters like gaming center,new nightclubs,stripclubs,shops,and a small performing arts theater. Moody Gardens just added an indoor rollercoaster,Schlitterbahn is thriving.

West&East Beaches ahave been remodeled. The bridge to Bolivar willbe complete in a year and there's talk of building a 2nd causeway directly to West Beach.

With all the redevelopment Galveston has been getting increae in it's average income as well as people moving to the island. The G is rivaling Panam City and Daytonna as a Spring Break spot. There;s even talk ove building a NASCAR racetrack on Westbeache's shoreline. Galveston Municipal Airport is even getting more flight.With all the tourist Galveston has had to build new hotels.Some people just stop through case lots of cruiseline's are departing via Galveston.

Lots of people pack the strand and new enetertainment center FRI,Sat,and Sun nights. There;s now a fireworks display every Saturday nite. The new 6,000 seat arena will be finished in 2 months which will feature sports events and concerts. The Bolivar Ferry is going to be redirected to The Texas City Dike which is becomeing an entertainment spot with small attractions.

mY question is what willit take for all this to happen?

Edited by Plastic

Please learn the rules of this board, Plastic.

This SHOULD NOT BE IN THE GOING UP section. Yours is NOT a post about actual development.

AND, I would rather a Hurricane devestate the island than see a friggin' NASCAR track built on the West Beach! That may be your lamest proposal yet, and that's a sayin' something.

Guest Plastic

Why not, we could see cars cruise on the beach. And better yet we could hold concerts there. What's better than seeing The Rolling Stones on the beach. It's be the ultimate beach rave.

Guest Plastic

A tollway wouldn't gp far in Galveston. Only place it would work is where you had no other way around like the Bolivat Tollbridge they're planning.

I make plenty of intelligent comments.

You make a lot of comments...but a million monkeys typing at a million typewriters will eventually type out the works of Shakespeare, just as you eventually make intelligent comments.

EDIT: You'll have to excuse me. I made the above comments in a brief moment of weakness. Though truthful, they are without taste.

Edited by TheNiche

I make plenty of intelligent comments.

ummmm...no....you rarely if ever do that.

I think you should take a nice afternoon ride on the Bolivat Ferry and contemplate the wisdom of a Bolivat Tollaway...

You are a funny one, Plastic...very clever at sucking us all in to your spoofs...from "tollaways" beginning at points that don't exist- "Braes and 10"-to any number of bone-headed ideas with no relation to reality.

Keep it up! It's the cheapest of entertainment! :D

B)

It's 2010 and Galveston ahs been redeveloped It's a nicer place where tourists definetly want to go while visting Houston. It's no longer rund down lower clas liek it was in the past few years. Galveston is thought of as a hotspot for events,tourism,and even industry. A few midrises have sprang up and alot more are planned. People just go downto Galveston for the weekend as the pleasure at the end of a long drive.

There's all sortsof thing going on on the strand since it's been remodeled. There's a multimillion dollar entertainment center close to The Strand like the Marq-e Center. Galveston Island residents now have megamovie theaters, a Jillian's Dave&Busters like gaming center,new nightclubs,stripclubs,shops,and a small performing arts theater. Moody Gardens just added an indoor rollercoaster,Schlitterbahn is thriving.

West&East Beaches ahave been remodeled. The bridge to Bolivar willbe complete in a year and there's talk of building a 2nd causeway directly to West Beach.

With all the redevelopment Galveston has been getting increae in it's average income as well as people moving to the island. The G is rivaling Panam City and Daytonna as a Spring Break spot. There;s even talk ove building a NASCAR racetrack on Westbeache's shoreline. Galveston Municipal Airport is even getting more flight.With all the tourist Galveston has had to build new hotels.Some people just stop through case lots of cruiseline's are departing via Galveston.

Lots of people pack the strand and new enetertainment center FRI,Sat,and Sun nights. There;s now a fireworks display every Saturday nite. The new 6,000 seat arena will be finished in 2 months which will feature sports events and concerts. The Bolivar Ferry is going to be redirected to The Texas City Dike which is becomeing an entertainment spot with small attractions.

mY question is what willit take for all this to happen?

:wub:

I like Plastic's proposal, sadly to say it won't become a reality by 2010. But the NASCAR thing, we can leave that out!

Edited by C2H