Redevelopment of Spring-Cypress/249 Shopping Center

mrfootball

ad2_SpringCypressVillage.jpg

Good to see this center is finally getting a re-do, it's about time.

I think this and the center across Louetta from HP are prime for redevelopment, considering their location, growth and strong demographics of the surrounding area.

• 4 weeks later...
ad2_SpringCypressVillage.jpg

Good to see this center is finally getting a re-do, it's about time.

I think this and the center across Louetta from HP are prime for redevelopment, considering their location, growth and strong demographics of the surrounding area.

I've seen the Champions area as a very overlooked area for a fairly long time. In just the past few years, there have been a lot of new projects that have and will continue to pick up the slack...retail, office, apartment, and otherwise.

• 1 year later...

Not that many here are going to care, but this shopping center is finally going to see the redevelopment. I guess every strip center has to have a website these days.

Yet, the actual rendering of the planned redevelopment can be found on Page Partners. Look at page 2 - we're getting a Chili's. Celebrate! :P

Not that many here are going to care, but this shopping center is finally going to see the redevelopment. I guess every strip center has to have a website these days.

Yet, the actual rendering of the planned redevelopment can be found on Page Partners. Look at page 2 - we're getting a Chili's. Celebrate! :P

Where does it say anything about Chili's? There is already one on 1960. I dont see two being so close together.

The proposed redo of the center looks pretty good.

I'd like to see an Escalante's out here, but it'd be too close to Lupes and Cucos. Maybe some other good 'local' chains...

Anytime I see a Chili's I think of this...

officespace_chotchkies.jpg

Well, damn, mr. foolsball! I'm gonna have to give you big kudos for the Office Space reference. :D

My biggest issue with you is that you always show my your 'O face' every time the Cypress area is discussed. j/k

I saw that the Chili's is proposed, but I figured most developers won't even put a name up unless there is some certainty.

As far as the restaurants are concerned, Valley Ranch is staying, but in a new building to the east of its current building (which will be torn down). My Le and El Corral have been negotiating new leases, but I am uncertain if they will stay. I am guessing most likely they will, especially since Sam at My Le just opened a new restaurant at south 2920 and Kuykendahl.

Supposedly, the key to the redev has been in securing a new tenant for the old Kroger's space.

• 3 weeks later...
I saw that the Chili's is proposed, but I figured most developers won't even put a name up unless there is some certainty.

As far as the restaurants are concerned, Valley Ranch is staying, but in a new building to the east of its current building (which will be torn down). My Le and El Corral have been negotiating new leases, but I am uncertain if they will stay. I am guessing most likely they will, especially since Sam at My Le just opened a new restaurant at south 2920 and Kuykendahl.

Supposedly, the key to the redev has been in securing a new tenant for the old Kroger's space.

Last fall, I was told by a mid-size, locally owned retailer that they'd be opening a new store in that location. Not sure if it's still the plan or not.

• 2 months later...
The proposed redo of the center looks pretty good.I'd like to see an Escalante's out here, but it'd be too close to Lupes and Cucos. Maybe some other good 'local' chains...Anytime I see a Chili's I think of this...officespace_chotchkies.jpg
If I had to eat at a mega-chain restaurant, it would probably be Chili's, but what's with the new decoration of the 1960 and 249 location? It looks stupid.
Where does it say anything about Chili's? There is already one on 1960. I dont see two being so close together.
Mega-chain restaurants these days are not what they used to be in the 80s and early 90s when they were spaced far apart throughout the Houston area. Now they build them within a couple miles of each other. They have become nothing more than Taco Bells and McDonalds without the drive through window. Anytime a mega-chain starts to aggressively expand, you can expect the food quality to go downhill bigtime and the dining experience to be lackluster.

Archived