Texas Medical Center Parking Garage 17 At 1653 South Braeswood Blvd.

Today I stopped by the Texas Medical Center Garage 17 located at 1653 South Braeswood Boulevard.

Interesting enough, the garage has a sky bridge to the MD Anderson Jesse H. Jones Rotary House International Hotel.  I wonder if MDA leases apart of it from the TMC? Maybe a few of the top floors are allocated to MDACC.

Photos I took today:

etQee9y.jpeg

AiiKfJL.jpeg

aLEO2JP.jpeg

Hpj3f1o.jpeg

SsgfVGU.jpeg

• The title was changed to Texas Medical Center Parking Garage 17 At 1653 South Braeswood Blvd.
  • 2 weeks later...

The stylized caduceus is interesting.  It doesn't match the rest of the building.  I wonder if it's an artifact from a medical building was at this location before the parking garage was built.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, editor said:

The stylized caduceus is interesting.  It doesn't match the rest of the building.  I wonder if it's an artifact from a medical building was at this location before the parking garage was built.

That had been the part of the branding for the TMC as a whole for a number of years - at least until they started using the new "TMC" logo that is seen at Helix Park and some of the newer developments, as well as on their website.

Not sure how far back it goes, but it was certainly part of their overall look back into the 90s... maybe earlier? The gray sign looks to be of that vintage.

• Thanks 2