SL 1604 - From: Redland Rd To: Judson Rd

hindesky

Design Engineers - https://www.lja.com

pZswcJd.pngUiFEdAZ.png

PDR4Pgw.png

Note: I take 1604 every single time I go to my mother's house or to the hill country. It saves about 20 minutes and is 15 miles shorter since IH 10 dips down the closer it gets to downtown San Antonio.  Plus it has a hairpin turn when it starts heading north in the downtown area. I have been hoping they would add more lanes for decades since 1604 was only a two lane highway and portion of it was single lanes only.

• Like 1

My house is just south of 1604 off of O'Connor. The exit for O'Connor is approximately half way between Judson and Redland. I can attest that this is a very busy part of 1604 and is in need of expansion. There is already major construction to the west where 1604 crosses Interstate 10 and to the east where 1604 crosses Interstate 35. Fortunately, I have discovered alternate routes since moving here two and a half years ago.

On 2/24/2024 at 5:53 PM, Specwriter said:

My house is just south of 1604 off of O'Connor. The exit for O'Connor is approximately half way between Judson and Redland. I can attest that this is a very busy part of 1604 and is in need of expansion. There is already major construction to the west where 1604 crosses Interstate 10 and to the east where 1604 crosses Interstate 35. Fortunately, I have discovered alternate routes since moving here two and a half years ago.

I didn't know you'd moved! Hope you're enjoying San Antonio.

On 2/23/2024 at 4:44 PM, hindesky said:

Design Engineers - https://www.lja.com

pZswcJd.pngUiFEdAZ.png

PDR4Pgw.png

Note: I take 1604 every single time I go to my mother's house or to the hill country. It saves about 20 minutes and is 15 miles shorter since IH 10 dips down the closer it gets to downtown San Antonio.  Plus it has a hairpin turn when it starts heading north in the downtown area. I have been hoping they would add more lanes for decades since 1604 was only a two lane highway and portion of it was single lanes only.

Following this discussion thread very closely with intriguing interest!