What's Your Favorite Restaurant Or Bar To Linger W/Friends?

I'm looking for a new place to chill with friends. It can be either a restaurant or a bar. It needs to be quiet and have secluded spaces, a place we can linger for hours if we wish. I know of most of the establishments inside the loop; however, I'm not sure which ones will fit the bill. Many of the new restaurants i've been to are simply too loud and have a single dining area.

Places we've enjoyed for this purpose include the following:

Mo Mong, Marfreless, Zimm's, Nippon, Prive, Baba Yega's, and La Jaliscience (sp?).

Oh, it doesn't have to be in the loop.

Thanks in advance.

The Davenport, has always been good, haven't been in quite a while though.

The Davenport is good but can get very loud and crowded. If you're lucky enough to get a lounge area, you're golden.

There is The Social on Washington@Yale. It's very small inside, but has some of the best outdoor seating in town- from a huge table that seats 20 to a double wide chaise for a couple. They have a couple fireplaces/chimineas and outdoor fans.

My hubby and I like TwelveSpot downtown a lot. So much that we went there after our wedding reception. I never had more fun than running around downtown in my poofy dress :lol: There is a small private room for 6-10 people, a great balcony and some couches.

There is a place on Commonwealth called The Flat. It gets pretty dancy late but has a great atmosphere.

I go to The Shiloh Club on Studewood with my friends a lot. It's not hip or happening. It's not even enough of a dive to be retro cool, but it's a good bar with a decent juke box and $1.25 beers. There is never a shortage of interesting characters in there...

I'm looking for a new place to chill with friends. It can be either a restaurant or a bar. It needs to be quiet and have secluded spaces, a place we can linger for hours if we wish. I know of most of the establishments inside the loop; however, I'm not sure which ones will fit the bill. Many of the new restaurants i've been to are simply too loud and have a single dining area.

Mo Mong, Marfreless, Zimm's, Nippon, Prive, Baba Yega's, and La Jaliscience (sp?).

Thanks in advance.

brasil, onion creek, the big easy & the continental club

(which has free music & dancing some weeknights)

i am more into caffine than drinks but all of these places

have drinks and an interesting environment.

Well whenever me and my friends go chill out, we go to Tea Cafe or Tapioca House (when not in mood for alcoholic beverages of course). These two places offer bubble tea aka boba tea, milk tea, tapioca tea, etc..

The atmosphere and environment is also very nice. Plus they both offer free internet access so a lot of students and business people go hangout there too. To me, it is the Starbucks and bar alternative.

Thanks in advance.

JRs !!!

:lol::lol:

Archived