Chuy's Restaurant At 2706 Westheimer Rd.

I haven't been to Chuy's in a while. My father and I used to come here on our weekly meetups.

What does everyone think about the food here at Chuy's? I think the chips are a little too think and broken. I'm not a fan of their house salsa either, I don't like that salsa fresca. I prefer other types of salsa like a ranchero or habanero salsa.  Malina's in Bellaire (or Southside Place) has a unique salsa. One of their house salsa has vinegar, or pickle juice added. It's a little tangy!

Does anyone else think Chuy's needs a parking garage? Their surface lot is considerably small for the amount of business they bring. Since the pandemic, they also took some of the surface lot for to-go orders.

Looking on Google Maps, there is a lot of space.  However, it's kind of extravagant to build a garage for a restaurant.

YixvkmB.jpg

I believe, in due time, this parcel will be combined with the retail parcel to the left and sold for high-rise development.  It's a lot of space in a high valued area, and single-story buildings will be phased out.

T8viM00.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

yeah back in the day Chuy's (late 80's and 90's) was THE place to go...it was in my mind the first cool Austin import and as much as i loved Austin this made me feel like Houston was cool (still and again ;) )

every time i go now (maybe like once a month or two) it always seems semi busy and definitely not the nonstop hustle and bustle it used to be....in fact this was the place my friends got a job at if they wanted to be guaranteed nonstop business and good tips. I think it was never about how great the food was (but how dare you talk bad about the green ranch dip stuff!!!), but instead it was more about the good prices, the fun and lively atmosphere, decor and music and the hella cool people that worked and frequented there!

I think you are probably right about this location one day being history but man what freaking fun memories i have thanks to this place! 

On 11/11/2023 at 6:47 PM, Highrise Tower said:

I believe, in due time, this parcel will be combined with the retail parcel to the left and sold for high-rise development.  It's a lot of space in a high valued area, and single-story buildings will be phased out.

While it's probably inevitable, it would be a shame. Relish is a great little restaurant, interesting menu items, good food. I would miss it.

• Like 1