Elite Health Services At 3625 Southwest Fwy.

I couldn't find a topic with this address but if it exist, please merge. 

This building off i59/i69 is getting completely renovated, there is a rendering posted right in front of the building (I was not able to get a picture since I was driving on the highway). 

Work is very much underway! 

ScreenShot2023-10-22at10_39_37AM.png.bf29f2ae6c8496254fedc9746f1a27ec.png

• Like 2

The site was originally the offices of an Oil Drilling Tool Co that Hughes bought out at some point. It was a relatively unique-looking building, and later a S&L bought it to use for their offices and did so until they went bust. I think they were also heavily investigated so that the first building sat vacant for about ten years while the rest of this area was booming. Bassett bought the property in 2001, I think, and quickly started work on the store. It was the fourth location in Houston and the Sixth in Texas overall. They announced they would demolish and rebuild, which upset many folks because the property was full of huge oak trees. Due to how close the original building was to Edloe and the shape of the new building, none of the original trees were saved.

The store's closing was announced in June 2022, among multiple other locations, "in preparation for a potential recession." Bassett said they would replace this store with a new, likely smaller location by the end of 2023, and I'm not in the know if a replacement is on the way.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Amlaham said:

I couldn't find a topic with this address but if it exist, please merge. 

This building off i59/i69 is getting completely renovated, there is a rendering posted right in front of the building (I was not able to get a picture since I was driving on the highway). 

Work is very much underway! 

ScreenShot2023-10-22at10_39_37AM.png.bf29f2ae6c8496254fedc9746f1a27ec.png

2 hours ago, SpaceGhost said:

I just found a building permit for Elite Health Services, which is a company that provides MRIs, Sleep studies, and other tests.

@SpaceGhost is correct. Elite Health Services is opening a new facility at 3625 Southwest Freeway. As previously mentioned, it's the former site of Bassett Furniture.

County records indicate Elite Health Services purchased the property last year.

Plan review fee permit filed May 2023

kQcVELU.png

Plan review permit filed August 2023

YvZb01H.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to Elite Health Services At 3625 Southwest Fwy.