Retail Remodel - 3714 Harrisburg Blvd.

Was surprised there wasn't a post for this address yet, had to finally stop lurking and create an account to make sure it was posted.

The site of the former King Fuels gas station has been boarded up for a few months, and I've seen demolition dumpsters next to the building. There is a continuous security fence around both the gas station site, as well as the vacant lot behind it. The combined site looks to be a total of 1.04 AC per this LoopNet advertisement. I believe the structure shown at the bottom of the picture below was demolished a while ago.

Would love to see this site developed into a mixed-use mid-rise with some ground level retail given its proximity to the Coffee Plant station on the Green Line.

3714 Harrisburg Blvd, Houston, TX for sale - Primary Photo - Image 1 of 1

• Like 5

7 hours ago, EastwoodEnvoy said:

Was surprised there wasn't a post for this address yet, had to finally stop lurking and create an account to make sure it was posted.

The site of the former King Fuels gas station has been boarded up for a few months, and I've seen demolition dumpsters next to the building. There is a continuous security fence around both the gas station site, as well as the vacant lot behind it. The combined site looks to be a total of 1.04 AC per this LoopNet advertisement. I believe the structure shown at the bottom of the picture below was demolished a while ago.

Would love to see this site developed into a mixed-use mid-rise with some ground level retail given its proximity to the Coffee Plant station on the Green Line.

3714 Harrisburg Blvd, Houston, TX for sale - Primary Photo - Image 1 of 1

I agree. Also becoming a pretty active area as is - more residents and destinations on the corner would be a boon. 

And maybe would spur some much-needed sidewalk redevelopment on Milby?

January 2023 Street View images of 3714 Harrisburg Blvd from Everton St

EioekHq.jpg

L7Dp6vm.jpg

January 2023 Street View image of 3714 Harrisburg (corner of Everton St and Harrisburg Blvd)

BF0hhHE.jpg

January 2023 Street View image of 3714 Harrisburg Blvd

qMSu1xd.jpg

mLr6l38.jpg

DnzgDwJ.jpg

January 2023 Street View of 3714 Harrisburg Blvd (corner of Harrisburg Blvd and Milby St)

wlBi75i.jpg

May 2022 Street View of 3714 Harrisburg Blvd (on Milby St)

HKwKSVx.jpg

8 hours ago, EastwoodEnvoy said:

I don't know what's in store for the 3714 Harrisburg Blvd and 516 Milby St parcels. However, county records show the properties have not changed hands. King Fuels still owns both properties. 

It's possible a new King Fuels will be built on those sites. Perhaps more details will be known soon.

19 hours ago, pm91 said:

I think this is becoming U-Haul Neighborhood Dealer. Saw a sign on the building this weekend and it’s listed on Google Maps. Think they’re relocating from Milby and Canal 😭

According to Google streetview, this location has been a UHaul rental location since at least 2018. I highly doubt they fenced off the whole block to relocate some trucks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 11:30 PM, EastwoodEnvoy said:

A plan review fee permit was filed in August for 3720 Harrisburg Boulevard. According to the permit, it's for a "remodel, retail."

Harrisburg Corner Store, a convenience store, was located at the address.

3720 Harrisburg Blvd is located on the 3714 Harrisburg Blvd parcel.

zeuGKp8.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Retail Remodel - 3714 Harrisburg Blvd.