Stewart Campbell Home At 414 Thamer Cir.

BenH

That's sad to see...I'm sure most of the mods in the Galveston area are damaged in some way.

I hate to report this, because it's one of my favorite houses, but the Lasher house at 203 Timberwilde by Galveston architect Thomas M. Price suffered major damage to the porte-cochere, it's defining exterior feature. I didn't want to take a picture when I went by this morning, as people are suspicious enough right now. pricelarge.jpg

To get a scope of the damage, imagine one of those trees falling parallel to the house and landing right in the middle of the porte-cochere, basically wrapping the tree like a hot dog. If that's what happened (there was no tree there this morning), I'm sure it could be rebuilt, but its sobering to see that kind of damage to a structure that seemed so solid. (I'm not old enough to remember Hurricane Alicia)

The Greer house across the street by Richard Colley seems to have faired much better, as there's only a very small section of panelling on it's pyramid missing.

Dr. Davey Lieb's house at 311 Hunter's Trail has sustained some damage to it's southern wing, but the main structure seems unharmed.

The Stewart Campbell house at 414 Thamer by MacKie & Kamrath seems to have weathered the storm unscathed.

Archived