Hardy Toll Road

Dominax

I dont have an answer, but I wish they would hurry. This is my speedway to the airport (downtown to IAH in 20 minutes during rush hour :)). While I feel bad for doing so, I admit to driving faster than the posted limit down Hardy Road to get to the tollway. I'm actually surprised they don't radar more often between downtown and the tollway.

This is my speedway to the airport (downtown to IAH in 20 minutes during rush hour :)).

59 is my speedway to the airport. 20 minutes from downtown no problem even in rush hour. i rarely encounter much traffic or cops up there, and i park off will clayton so it works for me.

the only time i used to use Hardy is to avoid 45 when heading to dallas, but now the bottleneck is north of where Hardy hits 45 anyways, so i have no use for it.

Edited by skwatra

The answer is YES.....they will build an extension into downtown.

The new multimillion dollar 59-10 interchange is complete with "stub-outs" to easily add in ramps connecting to the extended Hardy, which would run along Maury St I believe. If I'm not mistaken, HCTRA already owns the ROW and has for quite some time. And IIRC, I remember reading a Chronicle article that stated the downtown extension of Hardy would be un-tolled....free up until after the 610 interchange becuase its so short. This would also server as a way to make it an attractable alternative for those not wanting to deal with the 45 headaches.

The only thing I dont know is when construction will acutally proceed. But I know a widening of the northbound from 2 to 3 lanes to match the southbound of the Hardy is in full swing. I believe, once this is completed, construction on the Hardy extension will commence.