Houston Graffiti

claydwilli

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why do so many people care about wat buildings look like that they dont own...?y live in such a material world. does graffiti on a gas station thats on the way to work really bother u that much? u can still go to that gas station and get gas... did it really affect u that much? u fools that dont do graffiti need to realize that your only looking at it from one perspective.. most real writers dont consider their work in graffiti to be art and dont care. alot of level-headed people that do graffiti have some standards and moral guidelines. places of worship, houses, personal cars, and even small businesses are usually avoided. altho there arent laws within the graffiti community so its up to the individual and the rules become fuzzy lines. the main targets are big business(doesnt affect individuals as directly), city property, public propert, abandoned buildings... coog is the type of person who needs his ____ vandalized.. dude sounds so bitter about ____ and very un-educated on the topic. you actually mentioned something about "putting a cap in their helmets", are u serious? these are people just like you, they live their lives differently but dont deserve to die. you dont realize that vandals fit into society like any other, u might kill the kid that serves you food at a resturant...

i think people need to lighten up. why should people care so much about places and walls and bullshit they dont own. you must be a weak person if u need a spotless neighborhood to feel secure and happy.

just because you don't show respect for things you don't own,

doesn't mean that we are wrong for doing so.

• 3 weeks later...

a few questions for the readers of this post...

what do you think about city officials like Michael Berry placing up all his signs on fences & run down property? when he's done getting his temp. "fame" does the MB crew come back and take down all those signs? or do they stay up long after the time he needed them to be up? if he can post his name all over town, why can't I? we both have an agenda to acomplish right? whatever it may be. just looking for some feedback.

a few questions for the readers of this post...

what do you think about city officials like Michael Berry placing up all his signs on fences & run down property? when he's done getting his temp. "fame" does the MB crew come back and take down all those signs? or do they stay up long after the time he needed them to be up? if he can post his name all over town, why can't I? we both have an agenda to acomplish right? whatever it may be. just looking for some feedback.

signs are removable and do not cause the intentional pricey damage (mentioned in

posts above) that permanent spray paint does to the surfaces of old buildings, fences

and homes.

it seems that you could call 311 and they would to take those political signs down.

if not, list where those signs are and if it's possible for me to get them down, i

volunteer to do it myself.

i know a few folks who post "public art". it is either wheatpasting on the boards of

abandoned buildings, reconditioned political signs (which stake into the ground) or

nice handmade art stapled/nailed to a telephone pole. these are either meant for

removal by someone who takes it home because they like it --- or if wheatpasted,

it is only the plywood board covering the window of a building, not ruining the

actual building itself.

• 1 year later...
I've noticed a new tag around Houston in the last few months. They are simple tags with the letters "GY." They do not seem to be done by anyone with any particular talent and are more often than not just black lines on a wall, or the base of a stoplight. This makes me think that they are a new gang tag. They have been showing up in the Montrose and Museum districts and down Richmond towards the Galleria. I was wondering if they might have been transplanted from New Orleans. Does anyone know anything about this?

ok, let these things straight...i justed signed to this site but i been looking through these threads and everybodys "opinion" on "gy" first of all, "gy" is not a single "tagger"....."gyMF" happens to be a graffiti crew...."gy" is short for "gymf" i happen to know, because "i" am in gymf...i go by the name of "vash"...so to once again clear this, "gy" is a graffiti crew...NOT! a single person... if you want more info. on graffiti...i suggest you visit "HOUSTONGRAFFITI.COM"......gymf=steph....VASH! plz visit that site...or post on this forum to get more info.....and p.s..........gy is not all white, they are all hispanics, like me! and whoever said that gy was missing an A{deleted insult by mod. staff-violation of guidelines}......you prob. say that because you cant become an artist.!

post-4151-1182391585.jpg

post-4151-1182391591.jpg

post-4151-1182391597.jpg

post-4151-1182391601.jpg

Guest Marty
ok, let these things straight...i justed signed to this site but i been looking through these threads and everybodys "opinion" on "gy" first of all, "gy" is not a single "tagger"....."gyMF" happens to be a graffiti crew...."gy" is short for "gymf" i happen to know, because "i" am in gymf...i go by the name of "vash"...so to once again clear this, "gy" is a graffiti crew...NOT! a single person... if you want more info. on graffiti...i suggest you visit "HOUSTONGRAFFITI.COM"......gymf=steph....VASH! plz visit that site...or post on this forum to get more info.....and p.s..........gy is not all white, they are all hispanics, like me! and whoever said that gy was missing an A....____ off piss face...you prob. say that because you cant become an artist.!

You must be signing a confession.

Guest Marty
no not really, just wanted to get things straight...you know?

so what do you guys think about my art? B)

It looks like your talented reminds me of the Break Dance movies but people get piss off when you tag their stuff.

It looks like your talented reminds me of the Break Dance movies but people get piss off when you tag their stuff.

Do you own the property that you "draw" on?? If you do not, you are a common criminal and it looks awful anyway. If you can read, and you must be able to do that because you post here, then you should be ashamed of yourself. Does your family know you deface property? You should have to pay to have this ugly stuff cleaned up.

Guest Marty
Do you own the property that you "draw" on?? If you do not, you are a common criminal and it looks awful anyway. If you can read, and you must be able to do that because you post here, then you should be ashamed of yourself. Does your family know you deface property? You should have to pay to have this ugly stuff cleaned up.

Somebody draws on my property they will get shot no question ask does that answer your question.

Thanks Marty, I didn't really intend to quote you. gymf just really pis....s me off. I mean a grown person acting so irresponsible. Doesn't it understand that it costs someone money to clean this stuff up??? .... for brains.

^^ whatever!!!!! that is what you call ART!!!! not vandalism....and its not on public places anyways...how ever, i do have city damage! and im not a grown man! to let you know im 16yrs. of age.....surprising right? 16 and already a bad ass artist...

Guest Marty
Thanks Marty, I didn't really intend to quote you. gymf just really pis....s me off. I mean a grown person acting so irresponsible. Doesn't it understand that it costs someone money to clean this stuff up??? .... for brains.

I heard that he needs to get him self a art studio.

Guest Marty
ok, just forget about the vandalism....do you guys think im an artist?

did you guys like the "whole" houses....that was one of the biggest i done...nice huh?

I think you are a faker true taggers don't get on the Internet and reveal them selves so the government can track their Internet.

no not really, just wanted to get things straight...you know?

so what do you guys think about my art? B)

What you call "art" just looks like fancy letters on a wall on somebody else's property. My 5 yr. old can make balloon letters and fill them in with colors. Quit wasting your "talents" and destroying other people's property with your illegal acts. Go paint your own house if you need a canvas, or your bus DOWN BY THE RIVER, whichever you live in, and leave $#iT alone that doesn't belong to you. Is painting on other people's walls the extent of your talent ? How sad you are as an "artist" then. If you think your "art" is the shiznit, then try creating something you can hang in a gallery. My question to you is how would you feel if I came up and defaced your "art" in the middle of the night, perhaps you should think about that when you are defacing other people's properties and bridges that myself and other fellow taxpaying HAIFers have to pay for to clean up YOUR Crapass "art" ?

The only thing your "Art" says to me is , "Look I can write my tagger name" Good Job, here is your cookie. Believe me, I am not the least bit jealous of your "work". Like I said, I have a 5 yr. old that does the same , and I have it hanging on the refrigerator at home.

Archived