Meat Beat Manifesto? Anyone?

bachanon

the last time i saw meat beat manifesto they were with loop guru at numbers. this may be a night for chapultapec or house of pies afterward.

cd list

UGH ! House of Guys, you go right ahead and have fun there after the show. I'll be at Mama's Cafe. :lol: . Bach, quit bringing back great memories like Numbers.

Edited by TJones

Last time I saw Meat Beat they were at numbers with 808 State. Maybe '93?

"All the way from Manchester....."

A little Khadafi anyone ? I wish that Josh Wink would come to town or Armand Van Helden. I would also love to see Paul Van Dyk come to town. Where the hell is my hit of "X" ? ! !

A little Khadafi anyone ? I wish that Josh Wink would come to town or Armand Van Helden. I would also love to see Paul Van Dyk come to town. Where the hell is my hit of "X" ? ! !

One of my workout CD's is all Josh Wink. :D Love him. I am still trying to find Armand's mix of Gary Numan's "Cars". The first time I heard it was at a gay bar in NOLA during Decadence several years ago. It was amazing! I love his remix of Sneaker Pimps' "Spin Spin Sugar" also...oh how I miss those days... :wub:

One of my workout CD's is all Josh Wink. :D Love him. I am still trying to find Armand's mix of Gary Numan's "Cars". The first time I heard it was at a gay bar in NOLA during Decadence several years ago. It was amazing! I love his remix of Sneaker Pimps' "Spin Spin Sugar" also...oh how I miss those days... :wub:

Do you have "witchdoktor"on that Winx CD of your's ? If so, could you please PM me ? Thanks !

I wish I were in town for the MB Manifesto concert. It's funny you mention Paul Van Dyk. He came to Seoul and tore it up with a HOT trance set. Can't wait to come back and show y'all a few tracks I made recently as well :)

Let me know how the concert goes :)

I wish I were in town for the MB Manifesto concert. It's funny you mention Paul Van Dyk. He came to Seoul and tore it up with a HOT trance set. Can't wait to come back and show y'all a few tracks I made recently as well :)

Let me know how the concert goes :)

I don't know how many people around here have ever heard Paul Van Dyk's music, but if you don't want to dance to his stuff after hearing it, then there is something seriously wrong with you. DJ, is your stuff more ambient or techno ?

Edited by TJones

I don't know how many people around here have ever heard Paul Van Dyk's music, but if you don't want to dance to his stuff after hearing it, then there is something seriously wrong with you. DJ, is your stuff more ambient or techno ?

When it comes to electronic music, my mixes are more progressive and hard trance, and groove/funky/hard house. I do appreciate ambience, and very occasional techno in my mixes, but if you remember The Beat on 104, or the Friday night sessons at Prague back in the day, you may have heard what motivated me to be a DJ in the first place :) Also, my best friend in Korea is a Drum & Bass DJ from The Woodlands. Keep your eyes out for R-Tek, and myself (BlastMaster Vance) later this year.

I can't believe what you said about PVD. When I was in high school, Paul Van Dyk and just about everyone in house, trance, and d&b were being blasted in many headsets at campus, many cars down the street, and in every club down the Richmond Strip. The rave scene was huge, and we had at least 5 famous artists coming to town to spin for them.

Now look at where Houston is 5 years later. Paul Van Dyk, at that time hugely popular and is still one of the top 5 dj/producers in the world, is now considered underground in Houston? I think Houston's thirsty for more music events, great parties, and a scene we can be proud of again. But who's making the lemonade?

i can't believe i'm up this early. god i'm old.

mbm was great. they didn't start until after 11pm. i missed tkk at numbers. the engine room is great. nice vibe. old school scene, at least last night. i ran in to people i've known for a decade. i miss hanging out downtown after hours. the burbs are great...............during the week anyway. ;)

mbm was an excuse to hang out. the cds are just as good as live. i would have been better off just to buy the new cd............except for the fact it was a blast being at the engine room.

we went to numbers at 1am. it's big fun to forget your age.

the hardy toll road is long and lonely after 2am, glad i had a chauffeur.

darn, who is that downstairs? guess we brought someone home. ;) JJ

forgot to mention. in another thread someone was discussing "shade" in the heights.......much love to heath, scott and tony. next time you enjoy your uber tasty, new american victuals in this trendy locale, these pretty boys most likely put it together for you.

omg! does that receipt say $95? when did that happen?

good times...........good times.

................this is what the devil does............this is what the devil does...............;)

(please do not freak....it's only a line from a song...........no need to pray for me) ;)