Luther's BBQ Is Now Pappas

i live out off fm 1960 (near i45 N) and had a taste for bbq. the closest luther's is literally just a few blocks away, so imagine my surprise when i couldn't find it.

the reason? it had changed to a pappas.

i asked the server when the change occured and she mentioned that the pappas (chain? family?) bought out luther's about 10 months ago and were in the process now of changing over signage and recipes.

i must say, their BBQ (not to mention sauce, fries, and coleslaw ...yummy) is way better than luther's ever was.

s-seafood.gif

s-deaux.gifs-sito.gif

s-bbq.gifs-bros.gif

s-ch.gifs-dot.gif

I was wondering about this... a couple of months ago I stopped in a Luther's near where I used to work because I happened to be out in that part of town that day around lunchtime. The menu was different and the food tasted different from what I had remembered at that particular location, which my coworkers and I used to eat at almost every week.

I've only eaten at the Pappas BBQ in Terminal E at IAH before, but even at the airport location the food has always been good. So I'm looking forward to seeing what changes they make at Luther's.

• The title was changed to Luther's BBQ Is Now Pappas

Archived