Repaving Bell St. between Emacipation and Hutchins St.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 3:25 PM, hindesky said:

Looks like some new drainage piping will be going in too. I hope they redo Bastrop St. too, between J-BarM BBQ and the Alliance lay down yard. 18 wheelers used to park here and they really tore it up.

That stretch of Bastrop has been in desperate need of work for years ... agree. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

Woah! I didn't realize the plans were so ambitious! That looks amazing. EaDo is on a mission lately!

Too late to edit, but I wanted to add:

While there are minor imperfections (too many driveways, street-level crosswalks), of everything I've seen in Houston, I think this should be the new exemplar design for a nonpedestrianized side street. 

I have moderately high hopes for Eagle St. in the Ion District as a woonerf, but this is really good. If you ask me, this is what Caroline should have been.

Plenty of other candidates in Midtown, though: Winbern immediately comes to mind, but Stuart, Francis, Truxillo, Jackson, Anita, Rosalie could all benefit from having at least a few blocks like this.

• Like 5