Westcreek Apartments: Multifamily At 2041 Westcreek Ln.

Htowngirl

That's where the huge "Westcreek Apartments" complex is. It's a fairly nice, albeit older, New Orleans-style apartment complex. There are SO many more run down complexes on Westheimer - why not go tear down some of those? These actually LOOK nice. Not to mention, my friend lived there for a few months, and had some neighbors that had lived there for over 20 years. How sad.

Also, traffic there is already bad...

That's where the huge "Westcreek Apartments" complex is. It's a fairly nice, albeit older, New Orleans-style apartment complex. There are SO many more run down complexes on Westheimer - why not go tear down some of those? These actually LOOK nice. Not to mention, my friend lived there for a few months, and had some neighbors that had lived there for over 20 years. How sad.

Whats up Htowngirl, Its been a while.

Westcreek was the first place I lived in Houston, over a dozen years ago. They were a really nice place to live then...all buildings were built around a nicely landscaped courtyard, many with pools. Sad to see them go. They are very well built, and have stood the test of the time reasonably well, which is more than we will probably be able to say in 10 years about all the new mega-complexes that have sprouted up elsewhere inside the loop.

On another note, I would really like to see a rail line down Westheimer, all the way from the Galleria to Main. Given the plethora of businesses along Westheimer, as well as all the high-density residential within a few blocks of the street throughout the Inner Loop area, I think such a line would be packed day and night, weekdays and weekends.

Archived