The New "America's Team?"

ProHouston

It looks like there may be a new America's team in the NFL. With 5 Super Bowl wins Pittsburgh is tied for the most ever in the NFL. Not to mention, the Steeler Nation accounted for 80% of the fans at the big game yesterday.

Is it time to bring back the "America's Team" moniker?

I don't know if Mike is all to blame for the bungle, Hasselbeck kept checkin off the plays at the end of the first half, then the 2 minute drill turned into WTF !

Your right, Hasselbeck did his share of bungling the game to. I guess I'm dissapointed with Holmgren because I've always respected him as a coach and as a GM. He made some pretty bad mistakes.

I thought Cower was brilliant from midway through the second quarter on.

It looks like there may be a new America's team in the NFL. With 5 Super Bowl wins Pittsburgh is tied for the most ever in the NFL. Not to mention, the Steeler Nation accounted for 80% of the fans at the big game yesterday.

Is it time to bring back the "America's Team" moniker?

Hmm, I suppose Pittsburgh being 300 miles away from Detroit had nothing to do with it?

Hmm, I suppose Pittsburgh being 300 miles away from Detroit had nothing to do with it?

Possibly, but in my unscientific poll, everyone I questioned was behind the Steelers. And many mentioned that they've been Steelers fans since the 70's. It seemed like I was the only one pulling for Seattle.

It looks like I'm not imagining things. The last two Steelers Super Bowl appearances were the most watched in the last 10 years.

Associated Press-

The Pittsburgh Steelers' victory over the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl was watched in an average of 45.85 million homes, the second-highest total in television history behind the final episode of 'M-A-S-H' in 1983.

The estimated average of 90.7 million people -- or the estimated number of viewers throughout -- was the largest Super Bowl audience since the Steelers last played in the title game in 1996, a loss to Dallas that attracted an average of 94.1 million people watching. This year's audience was 5 percent bigger than the 86.1 million people who watched the Patriots beat the Philadelphia Eagles last year.

That's weird. I just heard on TV 30 minutes ago that this year's game dropped 3% from last year's.

Go figure. :huh:

Your source sounds more accurate, though.

The AP was probably giving national figures. You may have heard Houston/Galveston market numbers, depending on if you were listening to a local station.

Looks at the choices. The greasers from Pittsburgh, or the Granolas from Seattle.

Show me one native Houstonian who rooted for Pittsburgh.

Besides me and TJ and countless others. :D

I just think you like to hear yourself delicate flower, Coog...

B)

• The title was changed to The New "America's Team?"

Archived