DeBakey Library And Museum At 6450 East Cullen St.

I never knew about this! I have never seen any press or articles about it. 

This is a dedicated building for the museum? I would have thought this would be located within a hospital wing.  A small museum dedicated to BCM's first President and world-renowned surgeon.  Actually very impressive they would build a building to be used as a museum right in the heart of the medical campus.  I would think a hospital is more important than a museum dedicated to one person. 

After reading an architect's blurb, the building is an extension of their Cullen? building:

http://designbyjara.com/DeBakey.Panel.html

The extension of the existing Baylor College of Medicine building is expressed by concrete prefabricated facade with random openings on the upper floors and stainless steel clad facade for the Michael E. DeBakey Library and Museum on the ground floor, in honor of Dr. Debakey. The museum exhibition has permanent and rotating exhibits documents his inventions, part of the concept is a “Green room” (replica of the conference room of Dr. DeBakey) separated from exhibits by glass wall. The stainless steel clad facade floats above the future reflecting pool, defined by a stone bed. 

I'll see if I can get some pictures later this week.  Photos forthcoming! 
(alternativity, we can just go to Google to look at the building)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...