Boy Did This Forum Really Grow!

BayouCityGirl

i love this place. where else can i be informed, pissed off, mad, laughing (hysterically), appreciative, thankful, and lemme find another adjective ... um ... oh well ...

... all in one place. it's kinda like being at a family reunion with kin folks you like, kin folks you hate, and kin folks that tell you all the juicy gossip.

i love it.

I am sure it has grown, but note that the moderators said they are listing active users in the last 24 hours rather than every few minutes.

But we have grown! A lot! The second HAIF opened in September 2004, and it took more than a year to hit 50,000 posts, which was still a lot more than the total ever hit on the old forum. We hit 60,000 at the end of November, and we're already closing in on 70,000.

Thanks to all of you! :D

Plus I think we probably have a lot of lurkers. It's getting so that it's hard to google anything Houston-related without getting a HAIF link.

I honestly DO NOT remember how in the world I got here. I think I'll have to reference my first post to find out. i was probably looking for a refernce to something in Houston, and BAM !

Edit) Ok, I remember now. I was trying to locate information about Sakowitz, as I had a rare piece of crystal, purchased from there back in the 50's. WOW ! goodtimes............

Edited by TJones

But we have grown! A lot! The second HAIF opened in September 2004, and it took more than a year to hit 50,000 posts, which was still a lot more than the total ever hit on the old forum. We hit 60,000 at the end of November, and we're already closing in on 70,000.

Thanks to all of you! :D

Plus I think we probably have a lot of lurkers. It's getting so that it's hard to google anything Houston-related without getting a HAIF link.

If only quantity meant quality.

I found this place looking at pictures of Houston! (I am fascinated with how the city grows but I don't feel at home here in Houston)...long story won't go into! This is my hometown but in my heart (and when I get the money I hope to leave and go to California).

But on the other hand this board has grown and I am happy to see the people out there reading us. HI PEOPLE!!!!

*waving*!!!