Clover Leaf Motor Motel & Trailer Court At 8800 South Main St.

Highrise Tower

• The title was changed to Clover Leaf Motor Motel & Trailer Court At 8800 South Main St.

So this was the "other" RV trailer park on South Main? I thought it was in the 7500 block?

This is the trailer park looking formation I see. On South Main Street in between Old Spanish Trail and Kirby Drive.

Edit: Confused. Looking on Google Maps, this formation would be located at the current day Hotel Yiem located at 8080 Main St.

Wouldn't that address be the other RV trailer park, called Ace Trailer Village/Pine Shadows Trailer Court? But this trailer court was across the street?

pYQHPRO.jpg

SHuxkO4.jpg

What's the date of the photos?

8800 was on the west side of South Main. By the early 50s it was Wynne Mart, a small grocery and beer bar with living quarters upstairs. If there were any motel units or trailer pads there, I don't remember them. Mr. Wynne sold out to Houston Oilers defensive end Don Floyd, who turned it into Don Floyd's Huddle Club. I believe it later became an adult entertainment club.

• Thanks 1