Show Biz Restaurant & Club At 2410 Holcombe Blvd.

Highrise Tower

I found an image of Holcombe & Main in the early 1960s and noticed a restaurant on the corner of Holcolmbe that caught my eye. From what I can see, it's called Show Biz Restaurant.

I've never even heard of this place! How can it be so elusive to the public? Anyone have any memories of this place?

From the magazine Billboard dated April 6, 1963:

Houston

Singer Gogi Grant is schedule to make a two-week stand at the Cork Club opening on April 20. Also to appear on the same bill will be comic Tommy Noonan. They will follow Robert Goulet into the Cork Club.

Evens Young Wyatt, of Dallas, an advertising executive, heads the new Theater Concerts of Houston which is planning to bring a series of big name stage show to Houston. They start with the Dixieland music of Pete Fountain on April 13 to the held at the Music Hall.

The Don Wilkerson Quintet, formally with the Ray Charles Orchestra, opened a limited engagement at the Show Biz Restaurant.

Recording artist Johnny Spain handles the vocals and Sammy Jay and his Tiffaniers are on the bandstand at Jim's Night Club.

Joey Long, the recording art-

JZ371BM.png

oDdRrEp.jpg

qcBoRUI.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Show Biz Restaurant & Club At 2410 Holcombe Blvd.

Found the address! It wasn't exactly Holcombe & Main. It was by the present-day Levit Green campus and TMC Innovation Factory!

* Show Biz Restaurant *
For dancing and after hours Music

Dancing 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.  - Open 7 days a week

Don Wilkerson Quintet

Coming back Nov. 18th
The Fabulous Bobby Doyle Three direct from Las Vegas

2410 W. Holcombe – Six blocks west of the Shamrock Hotel – MO 5-8007

vsCZq5v.jpg

• Like 1