Dallas Vs. Houston: Round 3,459

MidtownCoog

Wildlife residents inside Loop 610. In my backyard, I've seen: black snakes, garden snakes, raccoons, squirrels (duh), peacocks (a pair, just passing through), ring-neck doves, seagulls, pigeons, opossums, a nutria (or the world's largest rat), bats (they nest next door) and several dozen varieties of birds.

I'm a big fan of wildlife, that's one of the big reasons I go to the Houston area especially places like High Island.

Witin the Dallas equivalent loop, 635, I've seen everything he lists there including coyotes, bobcats, armadillo, american white pelicans, monk parakeets, hawks, vultures, ibis etc... Oh and sail boats too.

Someone should tell him Nutria are not a good thing to see in an urban area, or anywhere in the US for that matter. :)

I'm sorry he doesn't like the beaches here. I think the lakes in our area are pretty fun overall.

Jason

This line summed it up for me. "I attended SMU and have lived in Dallas since then. But I'm a Houstonian at heart. When you get right down to it, Houston doesn't have a chip on it's shoulder about Dallas. Houston is laid back. Dallas is uptight. Houston is inclusive. Dallas is exclusive. Houston is good natured. Dallas is a spoiled sport."

Oh brother.

I did like the part about Dallas blonde though.

Reminds me of the lady on Sheer Dallas. Doesn't she just look stereotypical Dallas?

Trivia question:

What US city buys the most blonde hair coloring, per capita?

Hint: It is located in northern Texas.

Edited by west20th

Respectful discussions only. My-city-is-better-than-your-city flame wars are not permitted on HAIF. "He started it" is not a valid excuse. Both parties in a flame war may have their accounts suspended or terminated. Just walk away. Flames will be deleted without notice. Please report violations to a member of the moderating team, or to the Editor.

Same rules apply here as on the Dallas thread.

This line summed it up for me. "I attended SMU and have lived in Dallas since then. But I'm a Houstonian at heart. When you get right down to it, Houston doesn't have a chip on it's shoulder about Dallas. Houston is laid back. Dallas is uptight. Houston is inclusive. Dallas is exclusive. Houston is good natured. Dallas is a spoiled sport."

I agree totally. As evidenced by the demeanor of some of the folks 'round here.