Adventure Bay Water Park At 13602 Beechnut St.

Modernceo

6 hours ago, Kasper said:

My senior year in 87 they hosted a joint Elsik/Hastings graduation party

My ex wife was at that party (Elsik '87). She said the band they hired was booed off the stage within 5 minutes of starting, which I thought was funny because the party organizers chose that band over the one I worked for at the time. We also would have been booed off the stage- the band formed before those kids were born... LOL

15 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

My ex wife was at that party (Elsik '87). She said the band they hired was booed off the stage within 5 minutes of starting, which I thought was funny because the party organizers chose that band over the one I worked for at the time. We also would have been booed off the stage- the band formed before those kids were born... LOL

Ha! There was an actual band there?? I didn't hear about that, assumed it would be the regular DJs that spun there, which honestly weren't that bad at all. My group opted for a non-quarantined evening of house party hopping then straight to Galveston for the weekend. Pretty typical summer agenda.

• 3 months later...

I remember back in 1985 my mom and my father brought me to fame city I was just a kid but remember all the kids in my school talking about it and wanted to go there for my birthday. It was pretty fun it had laser tag back in the day and I’ll kind of a little carnival like stuff to do. It was a part of my history growing up and I will never forget.At that time I was living in Katy Texas off of Mason Road.

• 5 months later...
On 1/15/2012 at 3:14 PM, Chris Geo said:

I know this topic is 6 years old now but I thought I would put on the record that I was the LAST person in the world to make the long drop on the Spider Web :). I remember going down it (you had the option to puss out of the big drop) but I went. Then the person behind me tried to do it, it was a young girl I believe and she hurt her neck. It's unclear if she fell on it wrong, broke it, or got caught in one of the webs but I specifically remember the EMTs inside of the web focusing on her neck. That was the last operating day of the Spider Web and the last time it was ever used. Tragic really, not just for the girl but because that was a cool ride!

Next time I went to that place it was in 1998 or 99, they were throwing a rave party inside and we were rolling our nuts off by the ferris wheel where they set up a stage. Then as a surprise act, South Park Mexican showed up and did a set. I was sitting by the Ferris wheel and my girlfriend threw up near the train hehee (it was GOOD TABS), and suddenly SPM comes walking in with about 20 other people. It was the SHIT!

How times have changed. I went from a fun loving kid to a fun loving raver to a boring business owner who does nothing but work. And now I host a radio talk show too. Pretty boring life :P but I guess it's good to get it out of your system when you are young. I skydive sometimes though so I guess I still have that adventerous side of me left!

Yep, I was there the day that accident happened. I just finished the spider web when that person got hurt. I just remember EMS running around. I still recall that 15 foot drop, memories. 

• The title was changed to Adventure Bay Waterpark At 13602 Beechnut St.

I wonder if it would be worth merging this thread with the Fame City/Funplex one since it was all in the same place? Just a thought. 

There's also this standalone thread on Adventure Bay that has a bunch of replies.

Also, people might be interested in checking out a site that covers the history of all the versions of the site - Fame City/Waterworks & Funplex/Adventure Bay

http://www.famecitywaterworks.com/

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
added links

• The title was changed to Adventure Bay Waterpark At 13602 Beechnut St.
  • The title was changed to Adventure Bay Water Park At 13602 Beechnut St.