End-Of-Main Grill At 2102 Holcombe Blvd.

Highrise Tower

I was browsing the newspaper Southwestern Times dated May 1, 1947 and came across a business advertisement for Petre's End O' Main Grill "Just Good Food" located at 2102 Bellaire Phone: K. 3-7945.

Dine At Petre's End O' Main Grill "Just Good Food".

Sunday Specials:
Delicious Fried Chicken With Hot Biscuits

Tender, Juicy
K.C. Steaks

2102 Bellaire K. 3-7945

Open Everyday 
Week Days
6:30 A.M. to 10 P.M.
Sundays
8:00 A.M. to 10 P.M

uV00hN3.png

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

From my research around HAIF, the End-Of-Main Grill located at 2102 Holcombe would be this building!

HAIF Found it!  Special thanks to @Earlydays

You can see the Main Riding Academy Stables located at 6805 Old Main Street Road, on the bottom right corner.  Awesome!!

My personal opinion?  The restaurant looks more like a dance hall/club than it does a restaurant. 

There is signage on the front of the building. I found a large, scanned, image of the area but the zoom could not identify the words.  One day, someone will find a clear image of this building.

S. Main c - 1949.JPG

• 1 month later...

I found this small restaurant building located at the intersection of Holcombe & Main.  I cannot read the building signage and letters, but what I can make out, it is a good possibly this is the End of Main Grill?

The first, middle, and last word are short.  The middle word is a single character?

Love the promotional billboard advertisement for the McCarthy Center!  Never seen this photo before. So cool!

j6YnTS0.jpg

cg8FABu.jpg