The Golden Inn Cafeteria At 3000 Richmond Ave.

Highrise Tower

I was browsing the newspaper The Bellaire Texan dated July 29, 1964 and came across a business ad for The Golden Inn Cafeteria with locations of Buffalo Speedway, Kirby Drive, and 3000 Richmond Ave.

Was this the original cafeteria before Romana and Luby's?

Did anyone ever go here? Any memories or pictures?

wyQ5ToQ.png

C.H. Sitton, Manager

Former owner-operator of Sitton's Cafeteria, has been named the manager of the new Golden Inn Cafeteria, 3000 Richmond Ave. Mr. Sitton sold out his cafeteria in the Buffalo Speedway Center when his lease expired. He extends an invitation to all his former customers to visit the Golden Inn Cafeteria.

XujIReR.png

OpmHBDo.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jetton's was out of Fort Worth, no connection to Romana/Luby's I think.  Jetton was a big barbecue operation but I can't remember if his place was strictly a BBQ cafeteria.  I only went once.  Jetton's was a one story, huge building (bigger than any Luby's I ever saw) at the NW corner of Richmond/Buffalo Speedway.  That address in the ad is at the corner of Richmond and Eastside and the building is still there (pictured in the ad).  I think Golden Inn Cafeteria must have just been an office building lunch room kind of thing.  Look at that pic of the interior - that serving line is even shorter than the serving line at Harry's on Tuam which is a lot smaller than a Luby's.  "Richly decorated main dining room..." lolololololol. 

I think the ad was intending to indicate that 3000 Richmond is between Kirby and Buffalo Speedway, not that there were three locations that close together.

I may have been in that space ca. 1973 when I worked briefly for a company in the building on the opposite side of Eastside and we went there for drinks after work one time.

Edited by brucesw
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to The Golden Inn Cafeteria On Buffalo Spdwy.
  • The title was changed to The Golden Inn Cafeteria At 3000 Richmond Ave.