METRO To Build Grand Parkway Transit Center?

Parrothead

I read somewhere that Metro is planning to build a Grand Parkway Transit Center, as well as expanding the 298 Park-n-Ride there (that's the Med Center Express). The problem is, I cannot find where I read it, and I don't remember all of the details, i.e. timeline for construction, etc--and whether or not the Kingsland Park-n-Ride center would be torn down. I did try ridemetro.org, but got extremely frustrated. Has anyone heard any news regarding this subject? Thanks!

• 7 months later...

The Kingsland Park and Ride across from Kelsey-Seybold and Taylor High is always packed. There probable should be one out by Grand Parkway. There is a lot of land for it, and it would help the Cinco Ranchers.

Dude, Cinco Ranchers as you called them do not ride the bus!!!

The very idea is funny

Honestly the last thing people in the burbs want is public transportation.

we have are gas guzzling trucks and high passenger Suv's remember

and we moved to the burbs to avoid the people that ride public transpotation.

this is so going to get me flames on this board isn't it?

Oh well I always preferred honesty

What?? Explain why the Kingsland Park and Ride is alsways packed. Also, those parking lots on Mason, Fry, and Barker Cypress that serve has vanpools.

Cinco Ranch should make a Cinco Ranch Express...like the Woodlands Express...

Dude, Cinco Ranchers as you called them do not ride the bus!!!

The very idea is funny

Honestly the last thing people in the burbs want is public transportation.

we have are gas guzzling trucks and high passenger Suv's remember

and we moved to the burbs to avoid the people that ride public transpotation.

this is so going to get me flames on this board isn't it?

Oh well I always preferred honesty

I beg to differ, I actually know a lot of people that live out in the suburbs due to special circumstances, i.e. jobs that would love to be more connected with the rest of the city by public transportation.

I beg to differ, I actually know a lot of people that live out in the suburbs due to special circumstances, i.e. jobs that would love to be more connected with the rest of the city by public transportation.

well, part of my comment was toungue in cheek, I agree that people do utilize the park and ride out in Katy. What I was thinking of, and sort of feeding the alligators on, is the people(in general) that live in Cinco Ranch and Seven Meadows and Grand Lakes, Kelliwood, Lakes of Whatever, do not in my experiance ride metro buses on a daily basis. I know this is a big generalization but, I call em like I see em, there are plenty of neighborhoods in the Katy area that do support these methods as you pointed out.

• The title was changed to METRO To Build Grand Parkway Transit Center?

Archived