Loop Shopping Center At 9413-9595 South Main St.

Highrise Tower

I'm trying to find a name, or a leasing company for the shopping center on South Main bounded by Buffalo Speedway and Westridge Street.

I looked on Google satellite, at the shopping center's street frontage signs and could not find either a name of the shopping center, or a leasing contact. Who is in charge of leasing? I would assume they would want to advertise themselves. 

Some of the notable, long term tenants are Carrington's Sports Bar, Conn's Home Plus, SuitMart, ACE Cash Express, Dollar Tree, and Family Dollar.  There are three stand a lone restaurants on the outskirts of the property.  Carl's Jr. , Taquerias Arandas, and Dunkin' Donuts. 

The address for the large shopping center, well of Carrington's, is 9585 South Main Street. 

This is a very large retail parcel on South Main.  As time goes by, I can only imagine it being redeveloped into something to include more density.  Maybe a mixed-use district with affordable housing, class-b office space, a small retail strip center, and a park? In 20 - 50 years  a single story shopping center will not work here.  They will need to build taller to meet demand. 

From a 2011 Chronicle real estate notes article:

RETAIL: Malladi Reddy Trust will redevelop the 150,000-square-foot Loop Shopping Center at South Main and Buffalo Speedway just inside Loop 610. The center is managed by RRJ Realty Management, and new leasing will be handled by Abe Charski of ACI.

Note that the entity that owns the property is related to entities that own the property along Buffalo Speedway adjacent to Wildcat Golf that appears to be the location for the proposed TMC bio park. Malladi Reddy is a cardiologist.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Loop Shopping Center On South Main St.
12 minutes ago, Ross said:

From a 2011 Chronicle real estate notes article:

RETAIL: Malladi Reddy Trust will redevelop the 150,000-square-foot Loop Shopping Center at South Main and Buffalo Speedway just inside Loop 610. The center is managed by RRJ Realty Management, and new leasing will be handled by Abe Charski of ACI.

Note that the entity that owns the property is related to entities that own the property along Buffalo Speedway adjacent to Wildcat Golf that appears to be the location for the proposed TMC bio park. Malladi Reddy is a cardiologist.

Thanks Ross!!

Would you be suggesting that the new TMC BioPort will not be located on UT's Buffalo Speedway property? Or possibly, in addition to the UT land?

I am not sure where the BioPort will end up once it's complete. I also may have confused properties, since the empty space out that way all looks similar. Fun fact, that area was treeless in the early 1950's, and even in the late 70's wasn't well covered. All of the trees are relatively recent.

I may also have been confused by the picture you had on another thread that was  fairly far South down Buffalo Speedway, where there's a pipeline crossing.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/22/2022 at 9:06 AM, Highrise Tower said:

Who is in charge of leasing? I would assume they would want to advertise themselves. 

Some of the notable, long term tenants are Carrington's Sports Bar, Conn's Home Plus, SuitMart, ACE Cash Express, Dollar Tree, and Family Dollar.  There are three stand a lone restaurants on the outskirts of the property.  Carl's Jr. , Taquerias Arandas, and Dunkin' Donuts. 

Just a thought: but if you're really that concerned about who owns the shopping center, you could look it up through Harris County Appraisal District. And if you're concerned about the leasing agent, if there is one, maybe speak with management of some of the tenants you listed. Tenants would probably know this information. And if they don't, they can direct you to the property management who is in a better position to provide you with that answer.

• The title was changed to Loop Shopping Center At 9413-9595 South Main St.