North Main Villas At 7203-7213 N. Main St.

goofy

I was driving by this parking lot and noticed a sign for North Main Villas complete with rendering. These plots are gated and empty. They appear to be owned by the church across the road. I was not able to find anything on the project yet. I'll take pictures next time I drive by. 

image.png.c480cb8ec0eaa68e886c0c489974409d.pngimage.png.de64e25b164a1f306a14822cf488441b.png

• Like 5

This is the photo posted on the fence. 

This is in the HEART of church row in Independence Heights, a historically African-American neighborhood that has been at the center of recent conversations about gentrification. 

I can't find anything about the project online, and I don't see anything about he properties being purchased or combined. 

image.jpeg.ce0705f157ba54dfd24a3b6ca59550d6.jpeg

• Like 7

• The title was changed to North Main Villas At 7203-7213 N. Main St.
  • 7 months later...
12 hours ago, goofy said:

Is there any way to learn more about who owns a property? These are owned by "North Main CDC" which I can't find any more about. 

North Main Street CDC is North Main Street Community Development Corporation. Going by the managers listed, it appears it's tied to North Main Church of God In Christ / North Main COGIC in the Independence Heights neighborhood.

From the National Alliance of Community Economic Development Association:

"Community development corporations (CDCs) are 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that are created to support and revitalize communities, especially those that are impoverished or struggling. CDCs often deal with the development of affordable housing."