1311-1331 N Shepherd Dr

IntheKnowHouston

A demolition permit was filed yesterday for 1325 N Shepherd Dr.

Details from the permit:

• Use: Demo (carport only)/ no s/d required

Black Family Hospitality, the team behind Terry Black's Barbecue ( Terry Black's BBQ ) owns the property. They also own the other properties mentioned throughout this thread. Although there has been no formal announcement, it's likely the site will become a Houston outpost for the barbecue restaurant. 

KTPAQok.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Im so excited for this place but soooo nervous for the renderings. I would say its thee best BBQ in Texas (if you have better suggestions, plz let me know 😅). This will be the second time Terry Black's builds ground up, Lockhart was the first and.... honestly very hideous atrocious building/ site. I really like their Dallas location but it was just remodel of an already nice building. They have specified that it wanted to have ample parking, so I just hope they don't end up building near Laird st and make everything off shepherd as parking :/ especially since Shepherd is getting redone to be more pedestrian friendly. 

ScreenShot2024-01-19at12_33_58PM.png.14f9a931a8a97977341624c08ada7b47.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

Im so excited for this place but soooo nervous for the renderings.

I'm eagerly awaiting renderings for whatever Black Family Hospitality has planned here. It's likely the property will become Terry Black's Barbecue, but the restaurant group has yet to confirm.

It seems this is still has a ways to go. I'm assuming they'll have to request a replat, but I could be wrong. And if that is the case, that may take a little time. Not to mention the plan review process with building permit approval.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Looks like they must have purchased the lot at the end at N. Shepherd and 13th St., the whole area is fenced off.

Nice catch, @hindesky. Thanks for the update.

Documents recorded to the county clerk's office indicate the 1301 North Shepherd Dr property was sold in late January.

According to the warranty deed, 3L Shepherd LLC purchased the 1301 N Shepherd parcel. 3L Shepherd is a subsidiary entity of Black Family Hospitality.

Black Family Hospitality is the group behind barbecue restaurant Terry Black's Barbecue ( Terry Black's BBQ ).

So, what may be a Houston outpost of Terry Black's Barbecue will occupy the following parcels:

• 1301 N Shepherd Dr
  • 1311 N Shepherd Dr - former home to used car dealer H.E.D. Sales Co.
  • 1325 N Shepherd Dr
  • 1327 N Shepherd Dr
  • 1329 N Shepherd Dr
  • 1331 N Shepherd Dr
  • Lot next to 1331 N Shepherd Dr (no address listed on HCAD)
  • 1332 Laird St
  • 1334 Laird St
  • 1336 Laird St
  • 1338 Laird St
  • 1340 Laird St

There is a rumor Black Family Hospitality may also include a boutique hotel somewhere on their acquired Houston properties. The boutique hotel is in addition to the likely Terry Black's Barbecue restaurant possibly opening on the property. Has any of you heard something similar?

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

On 10/20/2023 at 2:39 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Additional maps highlighting the site of the proposed Terry Black's Barbecue / Terry Black's BBQ in the Heights. 

I think these provide a better view of the properties Terry Black's Barbecue purchased for its future Houston restaurant (and maybe another dining concept).

The maps are from Google Earth images, January 2022.

jCO7jg8.jpg

cZl3b0A.jpg

19 hours ago, hindesky said:

Looks like they must have purchased the lot at the end at N. Shepherd and 13th St., the whole area is fenced off.

19 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Documents recorded to the county clerk's office indicate the 1301 North Shepherd Dr property was sold in late January.

According to the warranty deed, 3L Shepherd LLC purchased the 1301 N Shepherd parcel. 3L Shepherd is a subsidiary entity of Black Family Hospitality.

Black Family Hospitality is the group behind barbecue restaurant Terry Black's Barbecue ( Terry Black's BBQ ).

Below is an updated image outlining the properties purchased by Black Family Hospitality (BFH). The photo was taken recently by @hindesky. I included the 1301 N Shepherd Dr parcel BFH acquired last month.

It's likely the following parcels will become a Houston outpost of Terry Black's Barbecue:

• 1301 N Shepherd Dr
  • 1311 N Shepherd Dr - former home to used car dealer H.E.D. Sales Co.
  • 1325 N Shepherd Dr
  • 1327 N Shepherd Dr
  • 1329 N Shepherd Dr
  • 1331 N Shepherd Dr
  • Lot next to 1331 N Shepherd Dr (no address listed on HCAD)
  • 1332 Laird St
  • 1334 Laird St
  • 1336 Laird St
  • 1338 Laird St
  • 1340 Laird St

uaSIdfk.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1