Where Is 240?

Guest Plastic

i thought verizon bought aerial since the Aerial Theater changed to the Verizon Wireless Theater

i am not comepletely sure - the information i got was from a prefix locator...

from wikipedia:

"T-Mobile USA was previously known as VoiceStream Wireless (which in turn had acquired the cellular carriers PowerTel, Aerial, PrimeCo (formerly GTE Wireless) and Omnipoint)."

it seems through mergers and such they are all connected somehow, though. :D

i am not comepletely sure - the information i got was from a prefix locator...

from wikipedia:

"T-Mobile USA was previously known as VoiceStream Wireless (which in turn had acquired the cellular carriers PowerTel, Aerial, PrimeCo (formerly GTE Wireless) and Omnipoint)."

it seems through mergers and such they are all connected somehow, though. :D

What?

I have had the same number since I moved back to Houston in 1996. Originally, it came from GTE Wireless. In the late 90s, GTE was taken over by Verizon. I don't know where PrimeCo being formerly GTE Wireless comes from, but it is untrue.

I rode this ride. Aerial became Voicestream which became T-Mobile. The Verizon Wireless Theater buyout of Aerial Theater is not related to this matter.

Yep..seems you are right...found this in the chron archives

from 07/24/2000

VoiceStream bought Aerial Communications last fall for $3.3 billion in stock, picking up customers throughout the central part of the nation. Aerial said Houston is its largest market.
from 01/26/2002
The Aerial Theater now is the Verizon Wireless Theater. The popular Bayou Place concert venue changed names this week after Clear Channel Entertainment signed a seven-year contract with the wireless service provider. Clear Channel also operates the Verizon Wireless Ampitheater in San Antonio.

from 01/31/2002

Operator Clear Channel Entertainment announced the change days before the Strokes took the stage at the newly dubbed Verizon Wireless Theater (it still isn't rolling off the tongue with ease). The move comes more than two years after the former name-holder, Aerial Communications, was purchased by VoiceStream Wireless Corp.

I think its only in the suburbs are the next 3 #s part of it.

I got a cell phone around the same time as my family, and all our digits are the same, except the last 4 numbers.

Because of the proliferation of cell phones and fax machines, there are new phone prefixes being created faster than you can keep up with. It's going too fast for me.