Does Houston Have A Serial Arsonist ?

It just seems to me that lately when I turn on the evening news there are no less than 3 fires reported in Apartment complexes. What in the world is going on here. I see alot more house fires also. Does anyone else notice this trend ? :mellow:

It's called a drought. When everything is warm and dry, it goes up with no warning.

You don't have droughts in trash cans that are set deliberately. I will agree that not all the fires are set deliberately. Dallas is having a problem with grass fires as well as us, but they aren't having 3 complexes going up a night.

You don't have droughts in trash cans that are set deliberately.

:lol: It's a drought of common sense for the FireStarters, yo. :lol:

When I used to turn on the news in high school (4-5 years ago) I'd say it was around 3-4 different apartment fires a newscast as well. Difference was, I think most of them were reported as blazes started by "faulty wiring", or someone leaving a cigarrette on a couch.

It could also be a slow news cycle. Fires that wouldn't make the news because of more important news can float higher when nothing else is going on.

The Houston Fire Department used to have a cool web site where you could watch what fire trucks were being dispatched to what addresses and why in real time. It was very cool. If you heard sirens, you could pop up the web site and see what was going on.

Unfortunately, they closed it because of the HIPPA (healthcare privacy) law, because fire trucks often respond to medical situations like heart attacks and those would appear on the web site.

It could also be a slow news cycle. Fires that wouldn't make the news because of more important news can float higher when nothing else is going on.

The Houston Fire Department used to have a cool web site where you could watch what fire trucks were being dispatched to what addresses and why in real time. It was very cool. If you heard sirens, you could pop up the web site and see what was going on.

Unfortunately, they closed it because of the HIPPA (healthcare privacy) law, because fire trucks often respond to medical situations like heart attacks and those would appear on the web site.

If the HPD/HFD suspects an arsonist, you can bet the he/she is on their "hot" list. And any property that he/she steals from those apartments is also "hot".

I have noticed all of the fires too. Everytime I turn on the TV and watch ABC13 I see some kind of apartment fire and there seems to always be a New Orleans native living in one of them with a sad story to tell about how they lost everything and now they just lost everything again. Am I the only one that has noticed this?

13 just reported a house fire at Shepherd & 11th. Three weeks ago, the house across the street from me burned, killing the homeowner.

These things are burning all around me. :blink:

probably the drought ! :P:D

Edited by TJones