Someburger Stand At 6421 South Main St.

almadenmike

There was a small Someburger stand next to the bowling alley on South Main back in the early 50's. It was north of Bill William's and across Main from the Rice campus. I ate many Someburgers there until one made me sick. Never had another. 

I also ate many luscious Someburgers made at that stand across from Rice when I was an undergrad there.

I remember being surprised when it was suddenly torn down, sometime in the late 1960s. I went to inspect ... and saw my first rats ... (!!!) ... a dozenor more milling about amid the debris of their destroyed abode.  I nearly fainted ... and felt very thankful that I hadn't, afaik, gotten sick from any of the many burgers I'd eater there.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Someburger Stand At 6421 South Main St.
  • 1 year later...

Had someone mention this previously unknown location of Someburger. I wanted to post a photo for the thread!

Taken from the company's website. You may want to go visit the website as it has photos and addresses of each of their restaurants!

https://someburger.com/someburger-history

South Main Street (historical location)

NaeGWiu.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, Thanks!  I remember the S. Shepherd location and the W. Gray location and may have seen the one on Airline but never knew of all the others.  I discovered the Baytown location when I was doing research at the Sterling Library and ate there and talked to the owner.  Also chatted a couple of times with his brother, the owner of the 11 St. location in the Heights which I ate at many times.  They had a history on the Baytown location website which gave a 1955 date so that's where I got that.  

• Like 1