• 1st pick Vince Young. Trade Carr for 2nd pick. Draft Bush
    • 1st pick Vince Young. Keep Carr. Trade or sign free agents for support
    • 1st pick Vince Young. Keep Carr. Keep same roster with no changes
    • 1st pick Reggie Bush. Trade for offensive support
    • 1st pick Reggie Bush. Keep same team
    • 1st pick Leinhart.
    • 1st pick offensive lineman
    • 1st pick other

You know Metro, your a very condesending person, not to mention the fact that your logic regarding this thread is, well, idiotic.

/quote]

......now now Gary, again such a provocative statement......but somehow, I think that you are so much better than this......so I'll be the better man, and journey upon the high road......

....but if you are going to annoint me as condescending........please, by all means....spell it correctly.......

Also, in regards to my idiotic logic.....I shall permit you to apply your one-upmanship techniques.......the floor is yours......

HOOK'EM HORNS!

Metropolitantexan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I'll take the floor since you keep ignoring everyone's questions, instead trying to out-cool us with your witty remarks.......

So far, Metro, your verbose reasoning boiled down to a sentence is that your cool, your a Longhorn fan, the Longhorns are cool, VY is a Longhorn, and he's cool, so the Texans would be stupid to take anyone else. Oh yeah, and your a stereotyper if you want Bush instead of VY on the team.

Does that about sum up your argument for VY to the Texans as first pick?

Actually, I'll take the floor since you keep ignoring everyone's questions, instead trying to out-cool us with your witty remarks.......

So far, Metro, your verbose reasoning boiled down to a sentence is that your cool, your a Longhorn fan, the Longhorns are cool, VY is a Longhorn, and he's cool, so the Texans would be stupid to take anyone else. Oh yeah, and your a stereotyper if you want Bush instead of VY on the team.

Does that about sum up your argument for VY to the Texans as first pick?

/quote]

VERBOSE....now that's witty......HG, just what on earth are you trying to get me to articulate? We have already explained as well as argued until we all probably on our way to the local pub......just ask REDSCARE.....

Nevertheless, it is you that is the one that is cool......not to mention unflappable. For you are smart, as well as astute enough to realize that I actually was not calling anyone a racist....indeed.

Well, please allow me to articulate this my great and fun pal.......I am not, and certainly will not concede or sum up anything at this point......so since you have so very eloquently annointed me as being cool.....well THANK YOU for I do appreciate this honor.....and I shall take this honor and I shall sail into the breeze.....for whence cometh DRAFTDAY 2006, I shall be at the TEXANS DRAFT DAY PARTY as usual.....for I shall love to be one of the first Houstonians to SALUTE as well as WELCOME Vince Young home.......for he is coming home HG......you know why......BECAUSE THE TEXANS WILL BECOME COOL AS WELL......

HOOK'EM HORNS!

Metropolitantexan

So, is that gonna be the "Draft Day Party" at your local Hooter's, or are you heading over to Sam's Boat ?

I will gaze into the "Crystal Ball" yet again, I forsee a tear in your beer, becuase the only time Vince comes back to Houston, will be to visit his Mama. Our boy Vince will be wearing Black and Gold, don't worry though Metro it is only a 45 minute flight or a 5 hour drive. The Saints may still be playing in San Antone next year, so maybe you'll only have to drive 2.5 hours, heck, i'll ride with ya ! ROADTRIP !

Hmmm, Vince with the Saints? Vick and Vince in the same division?? Should be interesting.

...And Vick vs. Micheal vs. Marcus Vick should be interesting as well.

Also, here's an interesting article by John McClain/Chronicle...

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/disp/story...ts/3579159.html

I gotta ask. Between Leinhart, Young, and Bush, who has the best chance at being the biggest success story at pro? My guess is Bush.

...And Vick vs. Micheal vs. Marcus Vick should be interesting as well.

Also, here's an interesting article by John McClain/Chronicle...

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/disp/story...ts/3579159.html

I gotta ask. Between Leinhart, Young, and Bush, who has the best chance at being the biggest success story at pro? My guess is Bush.

I will agree with with ya on Bush, but, I think Lienart will be the Cinderella story. Everyone has forgotten about him now. So, some lucky team is gonna grab him, and he will flourish.

Marcus Vick, what a waste of talent, he will be getting into trouble with the law too much to become as decent a player as his brother.

I will agree with with ya on Bush, but, I think Lienart will be the Cinderella story. Everyone has forgotten about him now. So, some lucky team is gonna grab him, and he will flourish.

Marcus Vick, what a waste of talent, he will be getting into trouble with the law too much to become as decent a player as his brother.

Although it's hard to put a Cinderella label on a Heisman Trophy winner, I agree with you that the public has forgotten about him. New Orleans won't forget him when they pick second though. Poor guy, if he'd come out last year after winning the trophy, he'd be a 49er. Now he has the Saints to look forward to.

I very much see this draft as similar to 1984 NBA draft. While very few people will argue that Jordan was the best ever, he went #3. Houston happened to pick Olajuwon #1. It's hard to say whether Jordan would have brought us a championship, but we for sure would not have won any without Hakeem. #2 that year was Sam Bowie who crashed and burned in the NBA, bringing forever shame to Portland for not picking Jordan.

I bring this up because it is possible to pass up people like VY when they don't fit your needs. Of course it helps that Bush will not be a "Sam Bowie".

So, is that gonna be the "Draft Day Party" at your local Hooter's, or are you heading over to Sam's Boat ?

I will gaze into the "Crystal Ball" yet again, I forsee a tear in your beer, becuase the only time Vince comes back to Houston, will be to visit his Mama. Our boy Vince will be wearing Black and Gold, don't worry though Metro it is only a 45 minute flight or a 5 hour drive. The Saints may still be playing in San Antone next year, so maybe you'll only have to drive 2.5 hours, heck, i'll ride with ya ! ROADTRIP !

Greetings TJ....

I shall be attending this year's DRAFT DAY FESTIVITIES 2006 at Reliant Stadium......which is indeed the norm for me. But if there is an altermative locale for whatever the reason this year......then it shall be at the FOX SPORTS GRILL GALLERIA......

....for I am not the prototype HOOTERS or SAM'S BOAT patron.....

OH, and in regards to your CRYSTAL BALL......take the batteries out of it and send it back to SOUTH KOREA......for if it was working correctly......you would not have to keep presenting these queries.....

.......by the way great pal......I WOULD JUST LOVE FOR YOU TO ACCOMPANY ME TO WATCH VINCE AND THE TEXANS PLAY, just pick your SUNDAY.......but please, allow me the courtesy of presenting to you a suggestion..........PACK LIGHTLY!.......

HOOK'EM HORNS!

Metropolitantexan

Greetings TJ....

I shall be attending this year's DRAFT DAY FESTIVITIES 2006 at Reliant Stadium......which is indeed the norm for me. But if there is an altermative locale for whatever the reason this year......then it shall be at the FOX SPORTS GRILL GALLERIA......

....for I am not the prototype HOOTERS or SAM'S BOAT patron.....

OH, and in regards to your CRYSTAL BALL......take the batteries out of it and send it back to SOUTH KOREA......for if it was working correctly......you would not have to keep presenting these queries.....

.......by the way great pal......I WOULD JUST LOVE FOR YOU TO ACCOMPANY ME TO WATCH VINCE AND THE TEXANS PLAY, just pick your SUNDAY.......but please, allow me the courtesy of presenting to you a suggestion..........PACK LIGHTLY!.......

HOOK'EM HORNS!

Metropolitantexan

SWEET ! I didn't know New Orleans was playing the Texans next year. I bet you can't wait to get that #10 Saints jersey. I'll be rooting on the Texans though, I hope you won't leave me in N.O. after my Texans beat Vince and your Saints. ;)

• The title was changed to Who Would You Draft

Archived