Mod Tear Down

rps324

This one-owner, always owned by the Architect who designed it, was snapped up by a builder. An exceptional mod, it's River Oaks location made it too attractive to those desiring a new McMansion. It has some great old mod built ins in pristine condition.

:angry2:

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

Ouch. Too bad house moving wasn't more practical and cheap.

We lament when nice old houses get abused as the neighborhood they're in goes ghetto but having a neighborhood go ultra-swank can be even more destructive.

How does one go about trying to save fixures?

Donna, who was there to oversee the sale of the furniture on Saturday, said she will find out tomorrow if the fixtures can be sold off. It seems to be a point of contention between the seller and the builder at the moment. Personally, I'd rather see the money go to the widow and not the builder.

Donna, who was there to oversee the sale of the furniture on Saturday, said she will find out tomorrow if the fixtures can be sold off. It seems to be a point of contention between the seller and the builder at the moment. Personally, I'd rather see the money go to the widow and not the builder.

That must have been some sale ... looks like they had some great furniture.

Well, I got the impression that Donna bought the classic furniture or that the owner is keeping it because most of it wasn't for sale. But we got an awesome floor lamp with the same torpedo shades that we have on some of the light fixtures in our house.

BTW, I'm still waiting to find out if the built-ins will become available.