Burger King At 2116 W. Holcombe Blvd.

plumber2

How did this thread get hijacked by Prudential Bldg gossip? Back to the 40 story Medistar project....I heard that one of the conditions that the City of Houston might put on this developer is to open up Travis Street through to Holcombe. The owner of the Burger King on Holcombe has been sitting on this gold mine for just such an event. I think he has been asking a gazillion dollars, or something like that. Southgate residents are watching this thing closely too.

• Like 1

How did this thread get hijacked by Prudential Bldg gossip? Back to the 40 story Medistar project....I heard that one of the conditions that the City of Houston might put on this developer is to open up Travis Street through to Holcombe. The owner of the Burger King on Holcombe has been sitting on this gold mine for just such an event. I think he has been asking a gazillion dollars, or something like that. Southgate residents are watching this thing closely too.

My understanding is that that BK owner is already doing extremely well. His shop is, if I recall correctly, the highest grossing BK in the State.

• Like 1

since the residents were successful in closing southgate blvd into their hood to minimize thru traffic, i'll bet they will be vocal if travis is opened up.

• 14 years later...

Is the Pizza Hut next door included in this plat? I believe they are separate properties? If you combine them, you could have the next exclusive tower in the medical center.  I remember looking once at the Burger King plat and it was named "Hospitality Hotel" or something.

This iconic corner not being utilized is the same as the Uptown Post Oak/San Felipe BancorpSouth Center.